Question

Are faulty returns able to be factory reset by the warehouse?

• 31 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I unfortunately had my Pixel 7 Pro crap out on me after just 6 months by the screen completely dying and rendering the phone inoperable. Force restarting proved useless.

I’ve been instructed to return the phone to the warehouse. However, the phone cannot be sent in factory reset condition due to the aforementioned. The live chat agent said she does not know if the warehouse can do this. 

So does anyone know if they can? I do not feel comfortable sending my phone, although essentially a brick, with all my important data and information still on it. On the off-chance they can get it working I’d rather not run the risk of my information being accessed or exposed. The phone has biometrics and PIN code for unlocking but I don’t know if there’s any workaround to this.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hanesman 

The device would be factory reset when they receive it there, however any device location services (Find My iPhone etc) would need to be switched off before sending it, we’d recommend logging into your Google account on another device to see if Find My Device is on and if so, turn it off for that device.

Tom