Solved

Account help

• 2 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Following over a week of Hell (not least because of the current outage of Three network) I appeal to the community to add some clarity to an issue I am fast losing track of.

I had an unlimited data sim card deal of £18 pm. The card sat in my home router which provided WiFi throughout my home for my wife's tablet and my laptop. Also Sky sports TV. I wrongly changed my deal to a £7 pm month deal and promptly lost all internet access some six hours later once the data was used up. Id were adamant I could not return to my old deal so I cancelled the direct debit and ordered another unlimited data plan at £15 PM however I am unable to get the new sim card activated to the new account receiving the message the sim is already registered and activated?

After a week of no broadband, today Saturday afternoon 4pm ish suddenly my internet came on and I was able to finally use my wifi with my phone. I am as confused as it is possible to be with which account is now working. I have around 10 transcripts of requests via chat for a phone call with someone to help clear up the mess. This morning I was contacted by Sarah from complaints. I quickly explained that for over a week my phone calls were cutting out without warning and to please call me back if indeed this happened. I answered all the security questions then 30 seconds into explaining my issue the call went dead. No call back and repeated attempts at calling the number back proved futile with no one answering.

I’d really appreciate anyone's help with this - Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Tom 5 December 2023, 17:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Following over a week of Hell (not least because of the current outage of Three network) I appeal to the community to add some clarity to an issue I am fast losing track of.

I had an unlimited data sim card deal of £18 pm. The card sat in my home router which provided WiFi throughout my home for my wife's tablet and my laptop. Also Sky sports TV. I wrongly changed my deal to a £7 pm month deal and promptly lost all internet access some six hours later once the data was used up. Id were adamant I could not return to my old deal so I cancelled the direct debit and ordered another unlimited data plan at £15 PM however I am unable to get the new sim card activated to the new account receiving the message the sim is already registered and activated?

After a week of no broadband, today Saturday afternoon 4pm ish suddenly my internet came on and I was able to finally use my wifi with my phone. I am as confused as it is possible to be with which account is now working. I have around 10 transcripts of requests via chat for a phone call with someone to help clear up the mess. This morning I was contacted by Sarah from complaints. I quickly explained that for over a week my phone calls were cutting out without warning and to please call me back if indeed this happened. I answered all the security questions then 30 seconds into explaining my issue the call went dead. No call back and repeated attempts at calling the number back proved futile with no one answering.

I’d really appreciate anyone's help with this - Thank you.

UPDATE - FYI I have just received a live phone call from Id employee, Connor. If ever there was a guy who bought a breath of fresh air and clarity to an issue it is this guy. No one knows more than I the frustrations of endless chats with Id BOTS & struggles to make contact with customer support, but if you persevere long enough and can get to the stage of being provided a complaints number, when and if you receive a call from Id just pray the guy on the other end is Connor and if not, then someone with an equal level of compassion and understanding of reading a situation and working through it with a level of commonsense rarely experienced these days.

Connor, if you ever get to read this mate, in the fullest meaning of the word, Thank you. I hope Id Mobile realise your value - Cheers mate, Neil

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Reachingout 

Glad to hear Connor could get you sorted out here.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom Id appreciate Connor getting some recognition if that's possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Reachingout 

I’ve passed this feedback along.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?