Question

All calls from a particular number are going directly to my voicemail

Userlevel 1

As per the title.

All calls from a particular number are going directly to my voicemail, Instead of my phone ringing.  

I've checked that the number isn't blocked.  

I need to get this resolved as the number is a helpdesk that rings me when I have an issue to resolve, and I'm paid on results!

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Doogteg, the following GSM codes might work on your device: 

• ##002# (Unregister all call diversions) 
  • ##004# (Unregister all configured call diversions)

GSM codes don’t always work on all handsets.

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  I’ll try those.

Userlevel 1

No, they didn’t work for me.  Thanks though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Doogteg,

Can you confirm, previously when they used to call, did this number connect fine? Or has this number never been able to call you before?

Is your phone set to do no disturb by any chance?

What happens if you turn off Voicemail and then they call?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I can’t remember, but they have definitely called me before.

My phone goes to DND at 10pm to 7am, and they called outside those hours - also their number is one that I allow “through”

I don’t want to turn voicemail off, but thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Doogteg,

If you could turn off Voicemail and then run a test just so we can understand what is happening when this is off?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

ok.  I’ve spoken to the caller.  They made two calls to my mobile - both went straight to voicemail.  I switched voicemail off, so we’ll see what happens.

Userlevel 1

The company that is calling me said: -

I tried to call you twice, but for some reason the line goes dead after few seconds of ringing.

My mobile phone is NOT ringing.   The number is an international number (Dublin - 00 353) would that be an issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Doogteg,

I don’t believe it would be an issue as they should stil be able to leave a voicemail.

What happened when you had Voicemail off and then they rang? Was it “I tried to call you twice, but for some reason the line goes dead after few seconds of ringing.”

Sounds like their number is not connecting so it may be an issue with calls on their end for international calls.

More so since it’s just one person impacted and not all calls.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

“What happened when you had Voicemail off and then they rang? Was it “I tried to call you twice, but for some reason the line goes dead after few seconds of ringing.””  Yes, that’s exactly what happened.

“Sounds like their number is not connecting so it may be an issue with calls on their end for international calls.”

I’ll get them to ring my land line, and see what happens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Doogteg 

Let us know how you get on with this, it does appear to be an issue on the other end of the line.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?