Solved

Alternative APN for VPN?

• 11 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I have tried using a hotspot from my sim to access my work VPN when out and about, however it never seems to connect. A bit of investigating has revealed that the issue also occurs on the three networks (which ID mobile uses) and that a way round it with three is to change the APN from “three.co.uk” to “3internet” as that changes the applied NAT wall to allow for VPN traffic to proceed.

With ID Mobile, I have contacted the live chat and the only APN they can provide is “id”, but I was wondering whether anyone else has an alternative APN that might work, or if that is not the solution, or maybe a solution that would mean the VPN is not stopped from working by the network provider (ID Mobile). 

It is a SSL VPN connection to our office via a Draytek router should that info be needed, its not an app like NordVPN etc.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 January 2023, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Looking into this a bit further, seems to be a problem with CGNAT, and therefore an alternative APN is required

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Stonemotions,

So the “id” APN is the one to use on our network.

No alternatives we recommend.

The “three.co.uk” works fine in the UK on older devices that aren’t approved on our network also.

Besides these two, there are no alternatives sadly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?