Question

asked for PAC code to change network received high end fee

• 16 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Recently spoke to online agent and asked him how should I stop my 24 month contract (Sim only) I used to pay £8 a month, he said just request a PAC code if I wanted to leave and change network, so I did, now I have received final bill of £23, after checking the PDF bill it shows a termination fee of £15 had been charged, the agent said there would be no fee if requesting a PAC code, so is this an error? This is a sim only deal.

There is no way I am paying £23 for this to end, I was only paying £8 a month. I was also going to go back to ID later on, but this is putting me off.

Regards

Steve

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your contract had a MINIMUM TERM @Stevo2525, the terms agreed at the point-of-purchase require payment of an early termination fee (exit fee), if you cancel the contract before the end of the minimum term.

It seems the online agent might not have advised correctly in this case @Stevo2525.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stevo2525,

Welcome to the Community!

As @andewhite advised if you leave before the minimum term you will incur a termination fee. 

Let us know if you require further information and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I was not made aware of any fees when speaking to agent, I asked the customer service person is there any fees if requesting a PAC code and he said no there shouldn't be, so i am not happy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stevo2525 

There aren’t any fees associated with requesting a PAC code, however in any case you are charged through to your disconnection date, which would be the date the new network uses the PAC code to transfer your number over to themselves and close the account on our side.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?