Question

Calls: other person losses audio when at home. pixel 6

• 10 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

Since I got my pixel 6 (and moved to ID) calls I make or receive from home will (after about 30 seconds) have to other person unable to hear myself. Sometimes this resolves itself. sometimes it does not. 

This happens with multiple people I call. 

The other person has no issues with calling other numbers. 

Seems to be only when I'm at home. When I'm away I have no issues. 

I have tried with and without WiFi calling enabled. No difference. 

I have tried resetting phone. No difference. 

Calls via WhatsApp work fine 100% time. Voice recorder app on phone works fine. So is not a physical mic issues. 

I live on a coverage boundary between 3g/4g/5g. So guessing this might be issue?. Is there anything I can do to resolve?

Somebody mentioned to disable volte. But this option is greyed out in settings - supposedly ID control this. 

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @jake.stewart8, as frustrating as it is, if you live in an area with marginal/limited indoor coverage, then you may struggle with calls, sadly. Wi-Fi Calling should make a difference, but you’ll need to ensure it’s forced on, or ‘preferred’, or else the phone may still try to use the mobile signal. If you’re struggling to force it, try turning flight mode on, then separately reactivating Wi-Fi to see if this helps. 

If you’re still having problems after that, I’d recommend speaking to the Live ChatFacebook or Twitter teams, as they’ll be able to troubleshoot more quickly and raise a ticket for you if necessary.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi all. I have a Pixel 6 pro and my wife has a pixel 6. We are experiencing this same issue. Our postcode is on a supposed 4g covered area. Has anybody managed to fix this issues. This is driving us nuts

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rúben Gomes 

I’ve just responded to your post on another thread about this;

Tom

Why iD Mobile?