Question

Can I return my faulty new device for an exchange ?

• 29 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I received my new pixel 7 yesterday but I’m really not happy with the quality of the screen (it has a yellow tint to it no matter what display setting I choose and the battery is awful, coming from a Samsung S21 to the Google Pixel 7 seems like a downgrade right now !

I have spoken to google as well as had a look on their official forums and it’s littered with other people having the same issue with the display colour/saturation. 

I know I’m within my right to send the phone back as I’m within the first 14 days (cooling off period) and cancel with no charge.

However ID mobile also state that I can get an exchange if a fault arrives in the first 30 days also.

Source here - 

I do not want to go through the hassle of canceling my contract completely and then having to take out a new contract as this would be detrimental to my credit score (currently about to purchase my first private home).

So could someone help me out please exchange this pixel 7 for another device/model ?  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jumpywizard94,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues with your handset.

When we exchange a handset it can only be for the same handset.

We are unable to exchange it for a different handset as all handsets have different tariffs and the handset in your agreement would be different which cannot be changed.

Please let us know if you would like help with a return and we can PM you.

Kash

Hi i recently got Iphone 15 pro max and i am facing some camera issue with it so can you please tell me how to replace it for a new one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Waleed009,

Welcome to the Community!

How long have you had the handset?

If it’s within the returns period of 30 days (if purchased direct from iD Mobile) then we can process an exchange.

If you are outside of the returns period you can take the handset to Apple or your local Curry’s store to be checked.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?