Solved

Can login to website but not app

• 11 September 2023
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just registered and created a new 64 character password. Tried to log into the Android app but it seems to truncate my password to 32 characters and says username/password invalid.

Is there a 32 character password limit and I need to change my password? If so, there needs to be better on screen info when registering and it needs to be the same across the platform.

icon

Best answer by Kash 15 September 2023, 12:07

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When I tried the iD app, I found myself constantly disappointed. Perhaps I wasn’t doing things the ‘right’ way, but I gave up on the iD app and used the online account portal from a web browser instead. 

In addition, local storage is not accessible using the Android version of the iD app in Android 13.
Google revised security mechanisms in Android 13, and the iD app has yet to catch-up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Toby Field,

Welcome to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about the password issue you have experienced.

Can you please try logging in via the website method to see if the password works.

If you still have issues, please let us know and we will investigate further.

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

I can login on my computer via the chrome browser with my 64 char password.

I can't login on my phone with chrome browser. The login button greys out at 64 characters but 63 seems to be acceptable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Toby Field,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately it seems that you’ll need to shorten your password in that case.

Please let us know if you have any issues logging in with a shorter password.

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

I can do that but the login procedure clearly needs better instructions to avoid this happening to others. How can it be escalated to the team that deals with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Toby Field,

We’ll let the team know for it to be escalated internally as they aren’t a customer facing team.

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you

Since the recent upgrade to the app I can’t login 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I still can't log in to the app using my credentials but can on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Toby Field @D.T,

You’ll need to re-register for the new app.

Once you register again you should be able to log in without any issues.

Your old login will remain as the old details for the website.

Kash

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Toby Field @D.T,

You’ll need to re-register for the new app.

Once you register again you should be able to log in without any issues.

Your old login will remain as the old details for the website.

Kash

Thanks for that. I've managed to start the registration and got an verification code by email. I'm now trying to verify by text and can't seem to get the text each time. There's also a typo on that page.

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Toby Field, we apologise for the delay in getting the new app/website back online, and with any related issues with the app/website or verification codes that are on-going. As with anything new, there can be some issues that occur which we don't find out about until it's rolled out to the mass amount of customers that we have, and our teams are working to resolve these issues and bring you guys the best possible version. We hope to have the app/website back online fully as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 3
Badge

The app has just started working for me

Userlevel 3

We’re very glad to hear @Toby Field :D

Thank you for your patience with us!

Kind regards,

Tyler

Why iD Mobile?