Question

Can one block calls but allow SMS?

• 15 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We have a phone (a Samsung A10, I think) with a pay monthly idmobile SIM.

Is it possible to block (incoming calls) but still allow incoming SMS?  This would be very handy when in ‘expensive’ countries where incoming calls cost a lot but SMS is still free.  Further to this is it possible to customise the message that callers will receive to give them alternative ways to communicate?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chrisisbd 

Unfortunately I don’t believe you’d be able to block a number from one service (calls) but not also the other (SMS), calls between two people would only charge the person who made the call, it shouldn’t cost you to receive any calls.

You’ll be able to record a customer voicemail message, if you wish.

Tom

EDIT: It DOES cost to accept a call while in Australia, this will be charged at £1.50 per minute. Full details can be found here.

Userlevel 1

“it shouldn’t cost you to receive any calls.” -  oh yes it does.  In Australia for example it costs £1.50 per minute to receive calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @chrisisbd 

Apologies, I’ve gotten mixed up there.

It does indeed cost £1.50 per minute for a received call, to avoid going higher in these charges we’d recommend setting your bill cap to a comfortable amount.

All international & roaming charges associated with texts, calling and using data can be found at the link below;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Tom

Why iD Mobile?