Question

Can't send message with ID error 0

• 18 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Android phone, Galaxy A52.

When trying to send a text message I’m getting “Can't send message with ID error 0” It’s happening with a new contact I just created and also with an old existing contact. Texting still works ok with some other contacts. It seems to be a bit random which ones work and which ones don’t.

Is there a way to fix this please?

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe have a chat to iD support, using the online iD Live Chat service, @OliTatlow

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @OliTatlow,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you managed to get in touch with somebody.

If you still require assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Maybe have a chat to iD support, using the online iD Live Chat service, @OliTatlow

Hi same problem for me too, the chat doesn't recognise the problem. It is still automated even though I didnt choose bot chat. Help!!! I'm at my wits end. Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe have a chat to iD support, using the online iD Live Chat service, @OliTatlow

Hi same problem for me too, the chat doesn't recognise the problem. It is still automated even though I didn't choose bot chat. Help!!! I'm at my wits end. Thanks.

To avoid the 24/7 chat-bot, type “talk to a person", @Sajake

The advisors work until 8pm on weekdays.  

Userlevel 1

Hi Andewhite, I have tried. I put allsorts of variations in and it gives me choices to click on... nine of them what I want. I need to actually speak to someone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh, that’s odd @Sajake

When I type “talk to a person” I see the following: 

If I click on “Customer service” I’m asked for some credentials, before getting to an advisor.

Userlevel 1

Thank you I had to put wrong info in a few times before this came up. They are trying to sort atm but no luck as yet 😬

Userlevel 1

I didnt actually type talk to a person. I put in the error code  thank you 🤦‍♂️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sajake 

Have you managed to get this sorted with the live chat team?

This error is typically fixed by either ensuring the message center code is correct or using a replacement SIM card.

Messaging > 3 dots right hand corner > Settings > More settings > Text Messages > Message centre

“+447782000800”

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom thabks for that. I have checked messages settings and the number is the same. Do you think I need a new sim? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sajake 

A replacement SIM card could be the next step, you’ll be able to pick one up at any Currys store or if you’d like one ordered we can assist with this, let us know if you’d like us to get in touch to do this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

That would be great if this could be organised. Thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sajake

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?