Question

Can't send text messages

• 2 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Following on from the issues yesterday, I can now make and receive calls and receive text messages. I can't however send text messages. My phones Android and I've restarted my phone multiple times, tried a different messaging app and still messages fail to send. Are there still issues with sending messages?

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here - txt not working at all. Can't get into internet banking or work emails etc because can't receive txt codes. These guys are an absolute joke. 

Userlevel 1

Good luck trying to get through to the online chat or making a complaint. Last time I did they said they would be back in touch via txt despite me telling them that my txts didn't work!!!

Userlevel 1

Is anyone still not able to make calls or SMS? I have had this problem for last day. No icon on phone showing connectivity? Just says no Sim Card, No Service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @jjames68 We had experienced some issues yesterday with our network, but this is mostly fixed now. Are you still having trouble with this? We apologise for any inconvenience you’ve experienced, and we’ll continue to provide updates here - https://tinyurl.com/3ykh4ayb

Hi @Shadermarine we have popped you a message to see if we can assist you further.

Hi @mitchus925 have you tried rebooting your phone at all?

Hi @jjames68 We had experienced some issues yesterday with our network, but this is mostly fixed now. Are you still having trouble with this? We apologise for any inconvenience you’ve experienced, and we’ll continue to provide updates here - https://tinyurl.com/3ykh4ayb

Hi @Shadermarine we have popped you a message to see if we can assist you further.

Hi @mitchus925 have you tried rebooting your phone at all?

Hi Sian, yes still got issues. Can't send text messages, says failed to send. Restarted phone multiple times as well

Still can’t send text messages even though the issues are supposedly resolved. Restarted phone yet again but still nothing. Is anyone else still having issues sending texts? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jjames68,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still having issues with messages?

It may be worth resetting your network settings but if you still have issues, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hello Kash,

Currys have given me a new Sim card following connectivity problems. Presently, the voicemail does not work and says ‘the number you have called is not recognised’.

Can you help? I have toggled off and on my voicemail facility.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mitchus925 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?