Question

cannot send sms text messages

• 12 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I joined Id mobile beginning of November, moved across my old three number to the new sim and handset from Id Mobile. Ever since I have not been able to send sms texts to android phones. I can make and receive calls, use iMessage, data is all fine and receive texts from Androids but I cannot text them back, the message just keeps saying not delivered in red and “message sending failure”. 

I have raised this issue on live chat twice and was told to wait 72 hours for the tech team/ complaint team to respond, to which they haven’t. I then re contacted live chat and asked for a new sim to be sent out to try that in case the sim was faulty, I put new sim in and it’s still the same. Took the sim out, phone off for half an hour and back in and still not working. 

I have the iPhone 13 and I have done all of the reset network settings and all the usual tests by turning off iMessage and on again, putting phone into airplane mode etc, full network resets everything and still not working. The phone number is the correct one in the iMessage settings etc too. 

I have searched the community hub and seen a port split being mentioned, I’m wondering if there’s an incomplete/fault between changing over to id mobile from my old three contract as everything else works fine. I just want to be able to send sms text messages back to relations that are on androids, which I pay for but cannot do? Live Chat can’t help as when they say someone will be in touch no one has been, can anybody here help me please ? 

4 replies

I can also send sms messages from an android phone when I put the SIM card into an android. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Saz1878,

Welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issues that you have experienced.

Please try the below and let us know how you get on.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Kash

Hi Kash I’ve tried all you suggested and I still can’t send sms messages, the phone number is correct within the settings in start new conversations from also! Could a change of number and then a factory reset of the phone fix it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Saz1878 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?