Question

Cant access voicemail - definitely iD Mobile issue

• 5 October 2023
  • 25 replies

Userlevel 1

I can connect to the voicemail service but when I type the keys to enter my pin or any commands they are not registered.  I am using an iPhone 12 and I know it’s not my phone as other services I have tried work. The iD mobile voicemail system is not detecting the key tones.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

25 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried calling the iD voicemail service from a non-iD phone @Tecstar?

From any other phone, just call +447782 333 123 for the iD voicemail service. 
This should be possible if your iD voicemail mailbox has a PIN setup.

Userlevel 1

I haven’t yet but if other services from other companies recognise my key presses it has to be an issue with id mobiles system do you think?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tecstar, I’ve got an iPhone 13 and my touchscreen key tones are recognised by the iD voicemail service. 

You’d like to believe all iPhone models generated the same tone for any given touchscreen key press. 

What iOS is running on your iPhone @Tecstar?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tecstar, thanks for getting in touch. 

When you try and type in your voicemail pin, does the phone not recognize you as typing in anything at all? 

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

@andewhite iPhone 12 mini running IOS 17.0.3

@Lauren it doesn’t recognise anything at all. Anything I press is not recognised  

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tecstar, I’d suggest checking your voicemail is working from another non-iD phone, by calling +44 7782 333 123 for the iD voicemail service. 

On your iPhone, in the settings app, perhaps check the following:-

Settings > Mobile Data > Network Provider Services - the Mail setting should be the number ending 123. 

Was this happening with iOS 16?

Userlevel 1

@andewhite voicemail number set ok.  It was happening in IOS16.  Was able to request a new pin by dialling from another phone and got the text so did recognise key presses from there. But so far id voicemail is the only service that doesn’t recognise them from my phone. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tecstar, the iD voicemail service is operated by their network partner Three UK. 

In all probability, any technical issues would go back-and-forth between iD and Three.
An issue with this is that communication between the two parties seems somewhat pedestrian.

Perhaps consider turning your voicemail OFF, for several days or longer - then enable voicemail again and see if things are any better.

Userlevel 1

@andewhite thanks I’ll give it a try.  

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tecstar

Let us know if you need any further assistance in this, and we’d be able to send you a PM to make sure that your voicemail services are set up as they should be on our end.

-Lauren

Userlevel 1

@Lauren thanks - I think they are as it actually works as in ppl can leave voicemails and I get notifications. I just can’t access vm from my phone. I’ll reactivate it tomorrow and see if that has fixed it but I am not convinced it will. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite @Lauren  I reactivated my voicemail and tried again. No good   I can dial in and hear the prompts but it won’t recognise my key presses at all. I even hold each key down longer but no good.  What’s my next avenue for support?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’d imagine that iD would need to raise a support ticket for this with Three.

Unfortunately, this could take a while, and there’s a possibility it might never be fixed.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Tecstar,

You may get the same issue but it may be worth testing it in a different handset to see if the keys are registered when you press them.

If you have the same problem, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Ok so update. @Kash @andewhite @Lauren I have just tried again and now the system is telling me if I want access the old voicemail system to press *1. All my voicemails are on the “old” system. I can now access everything fine so it seems this move to a new system has resolved my issue. I have left a test message on the new system and all works fine. Weird that no-one seems to know about the change. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok so update. @Kash @andewhite @Lauren I have just tried again and now the system is telling me if I want access the old voicemail system to press *1. All my voicemails are on the “old” system. I can now access everything fine so it seems this move to a new system has resolved my issue. I have left a test message on the new system and all works fine. Weird that no-one seems to know about the change. 

That seems strange @Tecstar - a secretly deployed ‘new’ system now accepts the tones generated by the keypad on your iPhone? 

Userlevel 1

Yep. Exactly.  But happy it’s now working. 

Userlevel 1

i appear to have the same issue, as in VM not working, so is i miss a call there is no option for the caller to leave a message.  I’ve check that i have VM turned on

Really odd as when i call my mobile number from my mobile i can leave a VM….

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

i appear to have the same issue, as in VM not working, so is i miss a call there is no option for the caller to leave a message.  I’ve check that i have VM turned on

Really odd as when i call my mobile number from my mobile i can leave a VM….

How is it the same issue @Bee51
Is the iD voicemail system not recognising the keypad tones on your iPhone when you call the voicemail service?

This happened to @Tecstar

If you’ve recently transferred your number to iD, and there were new messages in the voicemail of your old service provider, sometimes this causes odd problems following a switch. 

It could be worth turning off the iD voicemail for 1-week, then try again.

Userlevel 1

Been with ID about a month and noticed when i got calls they were not switching to VM after several rings. Contacted ID a few times now but they cant seem to resolve it

Prior to ID i was with Three for a couple of years

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Been with ID about a month and noticed when i got calls they were not switching to VM after several rings. Contacted ID a few times now but they cant seem to resolve it

Prior to ID i was with Three for a couple of years

The iD voicemail service is provided by Three. 
The service number for iD voicemail is exactly the same as the service number for Three voicemail.

It’s probably worth turning off your iD voicemail for 1-week, then retry iD voicemail again.

Any issues would require iD to raise a ticket with Three to investigate, but communications between iD and Three technical support seem slow and often appear ineffective.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bee51,

Do you still require assistance with this?

If so please let us know and we can PM you to raise a ticket and have it investigated further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash,

A ticket was raised a couple of weeks ago and ID MObile have emailed saying they need more info and i responded instantly and again got referred to the tech team who were supposed to respond to me within 48 hours.

Three days later I received a letter saying they’d tried to get hold of me via my mobile (I checked and the call lasted 2 seconds!! with no message left as vm not working but 2 seconds seriously would not have gone to vm even if it was working)

They also said they’d emailed me to contact them with more information on the 19th (I called back that day and again got referred to the tech team)

I have yet again just contacted you via live chat and asked numerous times for you guys to tell me what information you need but yet again was told that someone would look into this and contact me within 24 to 48 hours

This is so frustrating

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Seems like not much has changed in the last couple of weeks @Bee51.

If you’re not in a minimum term contract, might be easier and less frustrating to get a working voicemail service by switching to another provider.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bee51 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?