Question

Chat is crap

• 18 August 2023
  • 7 replies

My phone was paid off last October yet still being charged the same amount, tried using the chat feature but it is just a loop that takes you around pages all stating the same crap. How do I talk to anyone about the billing? Been charged for 10 months since contract ended but cannot get through to anyone either by phone or the chat

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @Neil Avison, unfortunately after the minimum term of your iD contract finishes, iD Mobile just carry on charging the same monthly fee, until you upgrade or change your iD plan, or leave iD Mobile.

You can avoid the annoying online bot, and chat with an agent by typing “talk to a person” after connecting to the iD live chat service.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).
🤞

Thanks for that, I don’t even get the chat bot,it just goes on a loop back to where I started. Cannot get through on phone either, very bad customer service

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, there’s no telephone support helpline for iD Mobile @Neil Avison
iD Mobile help & support is 100% online - basically it’s self-service. 

This forum isn’t real time live chat either - iD staff usually read user posts here once a day, although sometimes it’s less frequent.

You can also use Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM, where customer service will usually respond within an hour, during working hours. 

The teams work from 9am - 8pm on weekdays (9am - 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks for that, I don’t even get the chat bot,it just goes on a loop back to where I started. Cannot get through on phone either, very bad customer service

Your service agreement / contract isn’t a fixed term, it comes with a minimum term at which point it continues on a monthly rolling basis until you cancel by providing iD Mobile with 30 days notice as per the terms and conditions you agreed to upon signing up. This is how it works with all the networks with the exception of those that now separate the handset and service charges, such as Vodafone’s EVO contracts.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

With many other options available to buy & finance a SIM free handset, it surprising customers still go for these 2/3 year minimum term contracts that mobile operators offer.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I don’t get it either! And depending on when you take out such agreements, one could be paying an extra 28% by the time they reach the end of their minimum term. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Neil Avison,

Welcome to the Community!

If you haven’t managed to get through to someone, please feel free to PM us and we can look into your query.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?