Question

Contacts unable to call/text me since porting number

• 9 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Since porting my number across to ID, I’ve had several of my contacts say they can no longer call or text me with the number that is saved in their phone. It’s as if it’s blocked for them. I can still call and send texts, and am also receiving them from others, it seems to be a random selection of contacts that this is happening to. Any idea what is going on? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Natalie Carter 

Sometimes it can take a few hours to update.

Have you tried resetting network settings?

Can you just check, for the numbers who can no longer call you, what error do they hear? You said it’s as if it’s blocked but that doesn’t specify the exact error.

Does it just make a beep sound and hang up? or does it say “number you have called is not recognised” etc?

What networks are these contacts on that can’t reach you and what networks are the contacts on that can reach you?

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

This has been after a few days/weeks of me porting my number. It appears to be contacts that are with EE (who I was with previously), but not ALL EE contacts. It does not allow them to send me text messages and I’m not sure on the call side, they say it’s like my number has been cut off but I don’t know exactly what they hear.

I also don’t know how many contacts it is affecting, 3 people have mentioned it so far.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Natalie Carter,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?