Solved

Contract is ending, would like to change to 1 month plan

• 2 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi my contract finishes on 4th of March next month, I would like to stop this contract on the last month but I would like to stay with ID and choose 1 month plan £6 sim deal with 5GB data, unlimited txts/calls, please could someone contact me on how to do this, thank you

Regards 

Steve 

icon

Best answer by Tom 3 February 2023, 15:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Stevo2525, on 5th March 2023 sign-in to your My iD Account online (my.idmobile.co.uk), or the iD app.

Use the CHANGE option to select a 1-month rolling SIM only plan. 

If you make sure you are signed-in to your iD account when you do this, you’ll keep your existing mobile number, and the change normally happens within a few hours.

It’s explained online at:

Good luck @Stevo2525

Userlevel 1

So just to confirm, you are saying I have to wait until it goes into another/extra month over the contract? I don't have to do anything before contract finishes? As I read it says you have to give 30 days notice if you want to stop contract otherwise it is going to charge an extra month over the contract, basically I don't want to pay any extra over this contract, as I read other contract customers were still getting charged when they tried stopping their contract.

Im worried if I wait until the 5th of march it is going to think I am continuing the contract as contract ends on 4th, I just need to know they are not going to charge an extra payment if I wait until a new month has started. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Stevo2525, all 12 and 24-month fixed-term iD contracts automatically switch to a rolling 1-month plan once the contract ends.

If you’ve got a handset contract you’ll want to change or upgrade at the end of your fixed term because you’ll be paying more than needed once the fixed-term ends.

If you give iD 30-days notice to cancel your existing contract, you’re telling iD to close your account and deactivate your SIM, meaning you’ll leave iD without keeping your mobile number.

Anyway, good luck @Stevo2525.

Userlevel 1

OK thanks, at moment when I click show 'change my plan' it only gives 2 options for £49 and £45 monthly, but you are saying on 5th of March it will show other plan options such as £6 1 month plans?

My current plan I pay £45 a month, but as soon as I change the plan to £6 it will charge £6 for the first month past my contract and not any extra? Thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m not an iD employee - I think iD have designed their plans in a way that’s intended to keep customers on 12 or 24 month fixed term contracts. 

Have you got any UPGRADE options when you’re signed-in to your iD account?

If you really don’t want to pay £45/month after your contract ends, get a PAC and move your mobile number to another service provider. If you give the PAC from iD to another provider, your iD account will normally be closed the following day.

For example, if you gave your PAC to another provider on 5th March (Sunday), your number would be ported on 7th March (Tuesday) to the new service provider, and your iD account closed.

If you wait here an iD moderator might answer your question about how to avoid paying £45/month once your fixed-term ends.

Anyway, good luck @Stevo2525

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Stevo2525 

It sounds like you may still be in contract, if you’re wanting to switch to an SIM only plan once this contract is over I’d recommend the same as @andewhite to check the day of/after the contract expiry date.

You’ll be able to make a plan change upwards during your contract, you’ll be able to upgrade to a new device 60 days before the end of your contract and upgrade to a SIM only plan the day your contract expires.

In terms of what you’ll pay you’ll pay at your current tariff price until the point that’s changed, once it’s changed you’ll pay at the new price, the amount will be automatically calculated during that month and if it charges the full amount it’ll correct in the bill after that month.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?