Question

Costs and setup in Turkey

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello

I am travelling to Turkey in a few weeks time and I am a bit puzzled on the costs and how to set up my phone.

I see the costs for making calls, texts, data etc. on the ID Mobile website

I have a pay monthly unlimited texts, calls and data allowance

So my questions are.

Do I arrive in Turkey and use my phone as normal and get charged the roaming costs?

Do I arrive in Turkey and do I have to switch on “Data Roaming” and get charged the roaming costs?

Before I arrive in Turkey do I have to set up a “Extra Usage Charge” on my phone and if so do I have to switch on “Data Roaming”?

Thanks for looking.  John

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I find this answer

Any roaming in Turkey will be charged to your account, so if your bill cap is set to £0.00, you won't be able to use any services while in Turkey. The iD roaming partners in Turkey are: AVEA and Turkcell. Check your bill cap using the iD Mobile app or My Account online - sign-in and go to My services.

You will also need to turn on roaming in your phone settings if it's not set.

What phone do you have?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello

I am travelling to Turkey in a few weeks time and I am a bit puzzled on the costs and how to set up my phone.

I see the costs for making calls, texts, data etc. on the ID Mobile website

I have a pay monthly unlimited texts, calls and data allowance

So my questions are.

Do I arrive in Turkey and use my phone as normal and get charged the roaming costs?

Do I arrive in Turkey and do I have to switch on “Data Roaming” and get charged the roaming costs?

Before I arrive in Turkey do I have to set up a “Extra Usage Charge” on my phone and if so do I have to switch on “Data Roaming”?

Thanks for looking.  John

Your iD plans allowance can’t be used in Turkey, @camey000

I suggest getting a data only eSIM to use in Turkey, assuming your handset is dual SIM and supports an eSIM device.  

Hello

Thanks for the answers, phone is a Samsung Galaxy A13

John

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Don’t think the A13 supports an eSIM device, @camey000

You’ll probably be able to get a local PAYG SIM in the arrivals hall at the airport, which might be cheaper than using your iD SIM to roam in Turkey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @camey000 

You’ll be able to use your iD Mobile SIM while in Turkey, however it will cost extra.

You’d use your SIM like normal and be charged for what you use.

For some more general advise on roaming, I’d recommend the below link;

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/roaming-advice

Tom

Why iD Mobile?