crap network

• 31 January 2024
  • 8 replies

What a crap network never get notifications

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What notifications were you getting with your old service provider, @Tim Pearce? 

Me and my partner now only recieve push notifications when we log onto the house WiFi now that we are with id  everything was fine with EE we don't get ring door bell alerts what's app  bank transfers

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you and your partner get new devices when you switched to iD Mobile, @Tim Pearce? 

We did and we both have all the notifications set up on the new devices even to run in the background 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps those organisations ‘pushing’ notifications to your latest handset device, might still be using your ‘old’ mobile network device identification code/number previously setup, instead of the mobile network device identification of your new handset, @Tim Pearce. 

We still have our old numbers

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Tim Pearce, could it be possible the identification used for ‘push’ notifications is based on a mobile number along with other identity attributes of the handset?

When I’ve changed my handset and kept my mobile number, I’ve needed to re-register my device for mobile banking, etcetera. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Tim Pearce, can you also let us know the make and model of the handsets you’re using?

If you’re using an android phone, sometimes this can happen due to the playstore settings. It should be worth taking a look there and toggling the notifications/updates to also use data. 

-Lauren

Why iD Mobile?