Solved

Data cutting out at home

Hello, I've recently joined iD and generally the coverage and speeds are very good. But over the last few days I've noticed the data connection keeps failing - it'll still say 5G in the corner but nothing will work. I checked on the Three service status page and they're doing work on masts but it doesn't give an estimated time of completion or anything. Is anyone any the wiser? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by lottie1040 10 May 2022, 15:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If the service disruption is because three are upgrading the masts for 5G, it could takes weeks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Actually it's more likely congestion. Three have been working on the masts here for the last 7-8 months according to the three network status page!

If the service disruption is because three are upgrading the masts for 5G, it could takes weeks.

Could be other masts in the area - my local one is a brand new 3-only mast which has had 5G from the start. WelshPaul, I would have said the same thing before the new mast was installed, but when it works I get 600Mb down from it so I think there's plenty of capacity, it just keeps losing the Internet.

This is the message I get from Three btw:

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I get that message too and have done for 6-7 months. Oddly enough, I have no issues at home. If I put in any Swansea based postcode I get the same network status message, and at some locations here in Swansea I have had full signal, but no data! So for us here in Swansea, it has to be a congestion issue. Oh and just because the mast is new, doesn't mean it isn't a congestion issue. If there are issues with other masts in your area then those users could be locked on to your new mast at certain times of the day or night. Try putting in other postcodes within a three or four mile radius and see if you get the same message? If not then it's likely just local mast maintenance and not congestion.

I get that message too and have done for 6-7 months. Oddly enough, I have no issues at home. If I put in any Swansea based postcode I get the same network status message, and at some locations here in Swansea I have had full signal, but no data! So for us here in Swansea, it has to be a congestion issue. Oh and just because the mast is new, doesn't mean it isn't a congestion issue. If there are issues with other masts in your area then those users could be locked on to your new mast at certain times of the day or night. Try putting in other postcodes within a three or four mile radius and see if you get the same message? If not then it's likely just local mast maintenance and not congestion.

Having checked a few more postcodes, it does seem to be localised to the Leith area. If you're familiar with cell stuff the offending mast is eNB 49629 (Great Junction St EH6). It's working great at the moment so hopefully it doesn't flick off again...

Why iD Mobile?