Question

data on but not working

• 28 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Over the last couple of months I have had problems with my data. On my phone (iPhone) I have a full signal and the 5g or 4g showing but I am unable to use data. To get round this I have to turn the phone off and on and then it works. It doesn’t do it in just one place which would make me think a signal problem but could this be a sim problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @paul73mt 

If this is happening everywhere it sounds more like either a device or physical SIM card issue, it may be worth trying the below;

For iPhone;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

For Android;

Settings > System > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

Resetting network settings will NOT reset any personal data (Photos, Videos, Contacts etc) only network settings.

It may also be worth switching from 5G to 4G (LTE) to see if this helps, let us know how you get on.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the reply sorry for the late reply it went to my junk folder. I have reset the phones network setting various times but I still get the same problems. I did have this on my previous phone so I think it’s more the sim 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @paul73mt 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you have these issues with data?

Are these issues everywhere you go?

How are texts and calls?

Tom

Rm17 5xa, rm17 5UT and rm17 5Jz I haven’t seen the problem anywhere else as I work very close to work so I really on notice it when at work. One thing I did notice Sunday is that the on the setting it said I was connected to wi-fi but I didn’t have the Wi-Fi symbol on the Home Screen just the 4G symbol, but I still didn’t have any data so I had to turn the phone off and on again to get it working. I’m also trying to book an apple appointment this week also as these symptoms seems to point to the phone ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @paul73mt 

I’m not seeing any issues in RM17 5XA, RM17 5UT or RM17 5JZ, you should get a good 4G signal here, however if you don’t have issues in any other areas it sounds like there could be an issues in the area.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?