Solved

Data Upgrade - Cooling off period.

• 25 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I've just renewed my phone and sim contract. I'm currently in the cooling off period. The box isn't opened and I've not broke the seal because I'm now regretting not getting more data. Is it too late to increase my data allowance in the contract or do I have to use my cooling off period to cancel the contract and start again? I don't want to keep buying extra data every month via the idmoble app. 

Many thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Lauren 27 April 2024, 15:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Probably best to return your order in the cooling off period, @SLOPPY

The contract was finalised once your order was processed.

At iD, a handset contract can only change, within the minimum-term of the contract, if the change results in the customer spending more £/month.

Yes, I want to increase my data and therefore spend more per month. Will I be able to change it before the end of my cooling off period?

Thanks. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Maybe login to your iD account and look for an option to change your plan, @SLOPPY

Could be best to speak to iD customer service, because community members can see your iD account and amend the details.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @SLOPPY, unfortunately you wouldn’t be able to change your tariff and keep the existing phone. We would need to process a full return and the upgrade be processed after this has gone through. 

You would be able to visit any local Currys store to process this, alternatively we can open up a return transaction for the phone to be posted back to us. The plan will revert back to the original once the parcel is processed by our warehouse.

If you need any further help with this, feel free to let us know here. We’d be happy to send a PM.

-Lauren

Thanks for all your replies. 

Yes I've returned the unopened sealed phone, recorded delivery with my returns number and details. 

It's such a shame it's not possible to simply increase the the data during the cooling off period. It would save retuning the item. Heyho.

I'll upgrade when the contract has been reverted back to the original plan. 

Again much appreciate your responses. 

😉👍

Why iD Mobile?