Question

dofferent sim with new phone

• 4 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, yesterday I purchased an iPhone 14 on contract with you, my current contract ended in August and I wanted a newer phone and the upgrades weren’t suitable. I need to cancel my current contract on my iPhone 11 but I want the same number for my new contract with the iPhone 14 can you help?

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Danielle Usher, unfortunately you can’t move a mobile number from one iD account to another iD account. 

To get the number you want to keep over to the iD account you want to keep, you’ll need to transfer the number away from iD to another service provider, and back to iD to the account you will continue using.

It’s a faff and takes a bit of time & effort, but it’s a way of getting the number you want to keep over to your new iPhone 14 contract.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Danielle Usher 

Have you been given a new number with the iPhone 14 contract?

If you’ve been given a new number you’ve purchased a new, separate contract and as @andewhite suggests, unfortunately it wouldn’t be possible to move a number from one iD Mobile plan to another directly.

If you haven’t been given a new number and have processed an upgrade, your number is retained and stays the same.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?