Solved

Dual SIM only allowing calls marked “business”

• 12 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I recently switched from EE to iD and got a new iPhone 14 and I’m having huge problems which I think stem from the dual SIM.
I don’t need two lines, but regardless, it’s only allowing me to make “business” calls and any number which isn’t already in my contacts I can’t call at all as it automatically selects those to call from the “primary” line and comes up as “call failed”.

It’s driving me mad as this is a work phone and a lot of the numbers I call are not my contacts.

I’ve spoken to Apple but they can’t help and told me it’s a network issue. Please help!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 13 August 2023, 15:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

iD Mobile use SIM cards and so you must have an iD Mobile SIM card installed along with an eSIM from another network. You must know this as you would have added a eSIM at some point? Anyway, delete the eSIM if you don’t want or need that second line.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! But I’m not sure that’s the issue. If I go into Mobile Data, I still have the option to “add eSIM” which suggests it’s not installed?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Go to Settings > Mobile Data and look under the SIMs section… What do you see there?

I have a SIM installed and an eSIM. Mine looks like this:

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

So you do have two lines. You need to identify which one is the iD Mobile line and turn off and delete the other. 

Userlevel 1

How do I do that? There’s no number attached to the business line on the screenshot I sent but that’s the only line I can use to call. Why would that be?

I have to toggle from “primary” to “business” at the top of the calling screen otherwise the call fails. See pic.

Userlevel 1

Ahhhh I’ve added the number to the other line and deleted the eSIM (thought it was going to completely disable my phone but it all seems fine!)

Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Ahhhh I’ve added the number to the other line and deleted the eSIM (thought it was going to completely disable my phone but it all seems fine!)

Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated.

Hey @BethLee,

Glad to hear you’ve managed to solve this.

I was going to suggest that is sounds like you have 2 SIM Cards or an eSIM installed and need to configure this so all calls, texts and data are going off the iD SIM only.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?