Question

Email not working under iD mobile coverage

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Since I have used an iD sim in my iPhone for several years now. In all that time I have not been able to send or receive emails via the mobile network. I use IMAP/SMTP using the Apple Mail. Everything works fine when linked via wifi, but not under mobile coverage - anywhere, regardless of signal strength. I have lived without it for ages, but now I’d really like to get this fixed.

Does anyone have any tips on getting email to work via the mobile network? What could be getting in the way?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve only got one email service provider setup in your Apple Mail, then maybe get the iOS email app from the service provider and use that instead?

I use Apple Mail on my iPad to handle a couple of email accounts via IMAP/SMTP, and one works much better than the other - one service provider doesn’t seem to work that well with Apple Mail.

Good luck @Steve C

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve C 

Have you tried the above from @andewhite?

I don’t believe the mobile network or SIM would have any affect over the emails specifically, it could be worth trying Gmail, Outlook etc as an alternative to see if this works.

Tom

Hi, it was my fault, the Mail option was excluded from using mobile data in Settings. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve C,

Glad to hear that this is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please get in touch via the Community.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?