Solved

Face Recognition App Log-in Not Available

Userlevel 1

I've recently joined ID and am really happy with it so far. I've set my ID App for biometric log-in (fingerprint) and it works fine. My wife has now joined ID too but biometric log-in is not shown as an option on the 'Log-in Preference' screen. 

My wife's phone has face recognition enabled and all the support articles say that you can use fingerprint or face recognition. 

I've checked everything I can think of within the ID account and phone settings and still no joy.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and fixed it?

Would also be good to have confirmation from anyone with a Pixel 4XL that they have successfully enabled face recognition log-in to the ID App.

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Kash 16 November 2022, 15:21

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve Falvey,

It is strange indeed, did it give you the option when you downloaded the app?

It may be worth uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.

Kash

Userlevel 1

@Kash thanks for your reply and suggestion. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the option to use biometric doesn't appear on the login screen or as an option under 'login preference'.

It's just as if the app isn't recognising that the phone has biometric capabilities but it definitely does as my wife uses it to unlock her phone and on banking apps etc.

Any other suggestions? Or do you know how to escalate for tech support?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Steve Falvey

What phone is your wife using? I’ll see if our App team is able to help. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nikhil P , thanks for your message. She has a Pixel 4XL phone. Cheers. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Steve Falvey

Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask the team to take a look at it and confirm as soon as they get back to me 😊

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Steve Falvey,

Happy Friday! 

The team are still looking into this for you. I’ll hopefully have an update for you shortly. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hey @Steve Falvey,

Happy Friday! 

The team are still looking into this for you. I’ll hopefully have an update for you shortly. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

@Nikhil P many thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. 

Happy Friday to you too.

Steve.

Userlevel 1

@Nikhil P just wondering if there's been any feedback from the team on this issue.

Thank you. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hey @Steve Falvey

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The app team have raised a ticket to look in to the issue; however, the devs have not had a chance to pick this up - apologies for the delay. 

I did manage to get someone to test biometric login on the Pixel 4XL and can confirm that the option to enable it is not available in the app on that particular device. I’ll send a chaser to the app team to see if this is something that can be resolved. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nikhil P thanks again for your help in resolving this. It's good to have confirmation that this is an issue with all Pixel 4xl rather than 'operator error' 😉 Hopefully one of your techies will be able to fix the glitch. 

Thank you. 

Why iD Mobile?