Solved

Google app problem

• 28 October 2023
  • 3 replies

This morning the google app store recommended I update the Google app on my Huawei android. When I did this I received a malware alert telling me to delete the Google app. A second time I updated the app and again got the malware alert. Is there anything I can do to safely regain Google on my phone +

icon

Best answer by Kash 30 October 2023, 16:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Phil H,

Welcome to the Community!

I’ve also been searching for an answer to this as I updated my Huawei P30 Pro recently and keep getting the same message popping up.

It may be worth changing your Google password and ensuring you have checked your Google account settings to see if you can add any extra security.

Kash

Hi @Phil H,

Welcome to the Community!

I’ve also been searching for an answer to this as I updated my Huawei P30 Pro recently and keep getting the same message popping up.

It may be worth changing your Google password and ensuring you have checked your Google account settings to see if you can add any extra security.

Kash

Thanks for the advice Kash, I'll be sure to try your suggestion. I have the same phone as you yet this is the first time in 2.5 years this problem has arisen 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Phil H,

Looking at Google forums it seems that this is an issue mainly with Huawei devices.

Hopefully there should be an update soon to get this fixed.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?