Question

how do i find my ordernumber and reference codefor a trade in

• 15 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi there. Phone for trade in posted 5/8/23. Post Office tracking shows delivered 8/8/23. Still no acknowledgement so I contacted currys and they are asking me for a reference number??? Where or how can I get this please?

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This seems like an odd request @ElaineGumus - the iD Mobile Trade-In scheme is run and operated by Currys Retail Limited, on behalf of iD Mobile.

1. Did Currys send you a prepaid addressed padded envelope after you accepted your trade-in offer?
  2. Did you return the trade-in item in the padded envelope within 21 calendar of accepting the trade-in?

If yes to 1) & 2), it appears incorrect for Currys to now ask for this information. 

Do you have any emails about your iD Mobile order and trade-in? 

Anyway, the trade-in scheme information is online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/trade-in.

I was thinking this also but I had asked if it had been processed and they asked for a ref number to trace it. It just seems a bit long if they received it on the 8th?

Oh yes to.question 1 and 2. Also yes I sent the phone in the prepaid envelope that they sent me

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The trade-in terms say provided the trade-in device was received, as described by you, and was received within 21 calendar days of accepting the trade-in offer, they’ll pay you via BACS for amount quoted, within 3 to 5 working days of receipt of the trade-in device. 

Sometimes the trade-in process gets delayed because Currys can’t cope with the volume of trade-in items. 

• Have you got a photo of the prepaid addressed envelope you received - does the address label have the numbers you need? 
  • Were you asked to insert any documents inside with the trade-in item? 
    If yes, did you keep a copy of these documents?

I stupidly didn't take a picture of the addressed envelope. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope that it's the large volume of trade ins that's keeping it 😔

No supporting documents were asked for, just put the device in the jiffy bag, put the cardboard sleeve around it and fold the envelope peeling and sticking on the return address. 

I also returned it the day after I received it.

Not looking too promising though 😕 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess you could perhaps call the trade-in helpline, on 0370 111 6565, during normal office hours. 

An agent may be able to assist, and advise if there’s a backlog. 

I might just do that. Thank you very much for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ElaineGumus 

It may be worth calling the line above mentioned by @andewhite, please let us know how you get on.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?