Solved

I get a “No SIM available” error periodically

Userlevel 1

Good afternoon, I recently got a new contract with iD mobile and a few days after I put the SIM in my iPhone 13 I got a “No SIM” message in the control centre. I asked for a new SIM but after a few days that doesn’t work either.

Putting my phone into flight mode, resetting network settings and restarting it doesn’t fix the issue, and the only way I can get it to work is by ejecting the SIM tray and putting it back in again. But even after I do that, it only works for a few hours and then I get the same message.

Apart from this issue, I’ve had fine service and good signal.

Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if there’s anything I may need to elaborate on

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2024, 00:44

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What iOS is running on your iPhone 13, @ben_l?

Does the problem iD SIM work okay in another handset? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @andewhite thanks for your help, my phone runs iOS 17.4.1 , and I haven’t had the chance to check if it works in another phone since the issues take quite a while to appear.

I did also ask Apple Support about the same issue and they said that it might be that there is a block on my phone, but I’m not sure

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess it’s possible your iD account isn’t provisioned correctly, @ben_l

Might take a while if you’re relying on iD support for assistance with this issue though.

Perhaps it could be worthwhile trying another service provider’s SIM in your iPhone 13, @ben_l.

Userlevel 1

OK thank you @andewhite that’s really helpful, my previous contract with a different carrier worked, so I suppose my best option is to keep asking support for help?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Try speaking with the iD support team, for help with your iD account provisioning. The options are using iD Live Chat, or contact iD on social media, @ben_l.

Otherwise, perhaps try a PAYG SIM in your iPhone, for example from giffgaff. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ben_l 

Do you still require assistance with this?

You’ve had a replacement SIM card but this suddenly stops working after a few days, correct?

Even in areas where it has worked previously?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom , yes, that’s right, it happens periodically - sometimes it’s hours before it stops working, sometimes it’s a few days. At the moment it’s working fine, but it might show the error again in a little while. Both SIM cards had this issue so I don’t think the problem is there. Thank you for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ben_l 

Does this happen when you go to a certain areas?

Tom

Having exactly the same issue with a new Sim having switched from Vodafone to ID this week. Currently have No Sim coming up despite trying all the advised troubleshooting.

Any help appreciated as can’t currently use my phone except on WiFi!

Userlevel 3

Interesting, I had a similar issue but not with iD.

I put in my french SFR Sim into my 13 mini and sometimes it goes ‘’No SIM’’ for a few minutes up to an hour and then re detects it by itself. Sometimes I have to eject the sim with the sim card ejector and insert it again.

Possibly something on apple’s end. Unsure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael_King_82,

Have you had a replacement SIM sent out?

Sounds like the SIM may be faulty, however it’s worth testing it within a different handset first.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Tom it happens regardless of location, and it continues when I go on holiday. It’s worked fine for the past week so I hope it’s fixed but I’m not 100% sure. I asked Apple support a few weeks ago and they said that they didn’t detect any issues. But it’s reassuring to learn from other comments here that this isn’t an issue that’s just happening to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ben_l 

Okay, it doesn’t in that case appear to be related to the SIM and network, however Apple report it isn’t anything related to the device.

If it happens again let us know as soon as possible so we can get in touch and take a look.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?