iD Mobile App, text too small on phone and tablet

• 2 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I’m coming from Plusnet whom are withdrawing from being a Mobile provider. Their app and website are extremely legible however the iD Mobile app is not. iD Mobile’s UX developers have opted for very small text which I find is difficult to read so I launched the app on my iPad to see if it would improve the experience and it’s the same on iPad too.

iD Mobile’s design language is consistent across the platforms which is normally a good thing but due to their design choice for a small text size, i have to say, it’s pretty bad.

Take a look at the Plusnet mobile app whilst it’s still available on the App Store to see what I mean about the legibility of the app in comparison.

A dark mode option would also be a nice addition too. 

On a more positive note, I have found the experience of switching to iD Mobile really impressive and have been well served at every step since I joined a few days ago 👍🏽

Thoughts..

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @dropcall,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The good news is that we’re launching a brand new app very soon which improves the text sizing. The current app is now very old and no longer fit for use. We’re limited in what updates can be done to it, including the text sizing.

There are no plans for dark mode just yet, but we’ve got loads of improvements coming in the following months.

Hopefully you’ll like the new experience :)

Cheers,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

Thanks @KieranC , that’s exactly the response I was hoping for and I look forward to using the new app when that day comes. Cheers man ✌🏽

Why iD Mobile?