Question

ID Mobile DO NOT TRANSFER TO THEM

• 25 September 2023
  • 13 replies

i HAVE BEEN WITH THIS SHAME OF A COMPANY NOW FOR A MONTH! A MONTH WITH A PHONE AND SIM THAT DO NOT WORK, COUNTLESS TIMES CONTACTING THROUGH THERE LIVE CHAT TO PEOPLE WHO CANNOT HELP, THEN GIVEN A NUMBER TO A NOTHER AGENT, SUPRISE! CANNOT HELP.. BEEN WAITNIG FOR THEIR TECHNICAL TEMA TO CALL FOR OVER A WEEK NOW AND NOTHING. 

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH THEM, YES THEY MAY BE CHEAP BUT THE SERVICE IS RUBBISH.. 

AVOID AT ALL COST

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve Ellis 

I’m sorry you feel this way, could you give us a little more information on your issue?

Does your phone work with any SIM?

Does your SIM work in any other phone?

Tom

From the day i received the phone, no sim! contact whats called “Live Chat” and was met by useless individuals! I say individuals as i spoke to so many of them, so much so i think i should be invited to the Xmas party!!  

NO one knew how to help, no one offered any help and every time i contacted i spent ages going through the security questions to be told that i would get a phone call from the Technical Service department!! Not once in the month did i receive a call, Wednesday 27th September i finally managed to talk ( via Live Chat) to someone who tried to help, but they couldn't so they have sent me a replacement SIM.

The level of “Customer Support” is a joke, i was given a number to call which i did and the women on the other end was useless! There are no phone numbers to call to talk to anyone about the service, no internal numbers to pass you to the right department! 

I have been left with no phone for a month, have paid my bill and got offered no compensation. 
This is a sham of a company, no customer service/support, the people behind the PC cut the chat when they cannot help. 

I wished i’d of stuck with my previous provider. 

ID = No I Dear more like!!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What lead you to decide to join iD Mobile @Steve Ellis?

lead!? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oops… got my tenses all wrong, led was the word I was after… so what led you to choose iD Mobile as your network provider?

Do you work for ID? 

I have looked at the feed back you have given to people in the past!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nope, I don’t work for iD Mobile @Steve Ellis

I started with iD Mobile, back in 2017, when I was living in a mobile network not-spot. I joined iD to take advantage of their WiFi Calling service, which might’ve been one of the first offered by a MVNO.

Perhaps this forum was intended as a place for iD customers to help one another; unfortunately it appears many post here out of desperation, exasperation, frustration, etcetera when seeking assistance from iD.

IMO iD are disingenuous in promoting the forum as a place for 24/7 help & support - iD don’t provide a telephone support helpline, and their pseudo real-time online chat operates 9am - 8pm weekdays (and 9am - 6pm weekends). 

I think iD Mobile offer great value for money when everything is working, but can be very, very frustrating when something goes wrong, and you need timely assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Steve Ellis 

Have you had your replacement SIM card?

Alternatively, a replacement SIM card can be picked up from your local Currys store.

Tom

Hi Tom, 

Full aware of this, but this was a bigger issue than just the SIM, as mentioned above by 

• andewhite there is no customer service, no support. Two months payments have been taken from my account and i still cannot use the phone. 8 times a customer service person has meant to contact me within 48 hours from the start of September, but still nothing! Its a joke, such poor service

So, a month has passed and a new sim sent!! activated and guess what, still not working. This company really is the worse company of all time. the complaints team, i have been waiting since the start of September to speak to them, yet 9 agents in on “live chat” and none have contacted!! |I would be embarrassed to work for this company. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve Ellis,

If you are still waiting for updates from the Complaints Team we can check it for you instead.

Please let us know if you haven’t heard from them and we will PM you.

Kash

Spoke to someone today, a month after raising the first complaint! I am stuck with this company now for 2 years! i just hop their service improves and i dont have to contact them!! or its gonna be a very long 24 months!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Steve Ellis,

Glad to hear that you received an update.

You can check the coverage and network status by clicking HERE.

If there are no issues in the area it may be worth testing the SIM in another handset or trying a replacement SIM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?