Question

ID Mobile Not Blacklisting My Stolen Phone

• 29 February 2024
  • 9 replies

My iPhone 15 Pro was stolen whilst on holiday on the 07/02/2024, I reported it to ID mobile on the 08/02/2024 and asked to block my phone and SIM. They blocked my SIM but the IMEI number of my iPhone was not blocked. 

I have returned from holiday and trying to get the IMEI number blocked for insurance. However ID are saying the IMEI number is not on the system because I bought the iPhone through Apple.

Previous articles suggest ID mobile can show proof of usage of the SIM in the iPhone, but the Advisors on Chat refused. I have the original box and proof of purchase, if ID mobile needs me to provide the IMEI number.

I need to get the IMEI number blocked, please help!

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you used the iPhone on the iD Mobile network, then they will have a record of that. Every call, SMS and cell tower ping records the IMEI as part of the process of those activities. However, if live chat are refusing to blacklist the device, then your best bet would be to wait for a member of the team to respond here. Don’t want to wait? Maybe try sending a DM to iD Mobile via one of there social media accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AnthonyChiu,

Welcome to the Community!

Just checking if you got this resolved with the Social Media Team as @WelshPaul suggested.

If you still require assistance, please get back to us here and we can send you a PM.

Kash

Hi Kash,

I’ve not had a resolution yet, I am still waiting for:

1) Confirmation of IMEI block - this should be in the form of an email confirmation from the phone provider hat your IMEI number has been blocked
2) Proof of Last Usage - this can be email correspondence from your service provider, highlighting when your phone was last used

These have been requested by my insurance company, can ID Mobile support me with this information?

Thanks, Anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AnthonyChiu,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Thanks Kash,

I’ve just responses to the PM, I hope you can resolve this swiftly.

Regards,

Anthony

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AnthonyChiu,

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

Kash

Hi @Kash 

Problem still not resolved, my insurance company has once again requested an IMEI Block.

”Confirmation of IMEI block - this should be in the form of an email confirmation from the phone provider hat your IMEI number has been blocked”

Please can this be chased up,

Kind Regards,

Anthony 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AnthonyChiu,

We’ve been extremely busy responding to customer.

We’ll get back to you via PM shortly.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AnthonyChiu,

We’ve been extremely busy responding to customer.

We’ll get back to you via PM shortly.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?