Question

iPhone 15 Pro data roaming not working in Hong Kong

• 12 October 2023
  • 7 replies

I have just recently switched to ID mobile and am using my phone abroad for the first time since. My iPhone 15 Pro data roaming not working in Hong Kong. I have checked my ID account and roaming is enabled, as it is on my phone.

My phone picks up a 5G signal without issue but will not receive/transfer any data. I have read on the forums this may be related to the “APN” but I cannot find this setting available in my “Mobile Service” options anywhere…

Any help would be welcome.

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently iD Mobile are looking into the missing MOBILE DATA section on iPhone devices, needed for changing the APN.

Currently the only workaround seems to be go online and create the necessary profile on your handset @mattsienko, as explained by iD Mobile’s @Mohammed, in the following forum post.

roaming data stopped working - Italy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mattsienko 

I’d recommend resetting your device’s network settings while roaming to see if this helps create the needed APN;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Apparently iD Mobile are looking into the missing MOBILE DATA section on iPhone devices, needed for changing the APN.

Currently the only workaround seems to be go online and create the necessary profile on your handset @mattsienko, as explained by iD Mobile’s @Mohammed, in the following forum post.

roaming data stopped working - Italy

Thanks @andewhite appreciate the reply but I was unable to resolve the issue in this way whilst abroad. I am back in the UK now and have had to escalate to ID mobile technical support via X.

Hi @mattsienko 

I’d recommend resetting your device’s network settings while roaming to see if this helps create the needed APN;

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Hi @Tom thanks for the reply but this did not resolve the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @mattsienko,

Do you have a cap on your account?

Does it connect to 3 or 3 Dualband?

Kash

Hi @Kash I was able to connect to the 3 network when in HK and receive a 5G signal, I just could not use any data services. Roaming was enabled on both my phone and my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mattsienko 

Is your bill cap high enough to support usage of data while in Hong Kong?

As data usage in Hong Kong will cost extra.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?