Solved

Is there anyone within ID mobile who actually gives a toss about customers?

• 25 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

So I noticed an unknown direct debit from IDM - thought it was fraud so immediately cancelled it and reported it to customer support. Wifey then tells me it was for a phone she set up 3 years ago and only used for a few months. After several emails to CS I eventually managed to find all of the original account related emails in the hope of cancelling this unused contract - not a chance. Send us a copy of your passport and driving license and we will sort this out. Reluctantly I did this last weekend and not suprisingly have had zero response despite reminding them. Customer service is non existant. The live chat could nou have been more unhelpful if they had tried. I only need to pay whatever balance is due then cancell the contract. Ive tried to access the account via the app but it wont let me How hard can it be? This has already had a negative impact on my credit score and without IDM doing something about it will continue to. What else can I do? IDM tell me that they have tried to call me and yet there is not a single missed call or message on my phone (which also happens to be with IDM. My hands are utterly tied!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 November 2022, 12:37

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Nije Jones, have you tried emailing

If you calmly and rationally explain the situation, they may be able to help.

iD Mobile is owned by Currys - anyway, good luck @Nije Jones.

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Nije Jones, 

Extremely sorry about the issues you’re having trying to cancel this account. 

One of the team will be in contact with you shortly to get this resolved. 

@Mohammed - will you be able to assist @Nije Jones please. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

Userlevel 1

I do hope so. Its

Case iD - 21125136

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @Nije Jones,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

all details hopefully sent - please let me know asap

nigel

Userlevel 1

Eventually sorted thanks to ANDEWHITE

They just don’t care and won’t read emails apparently 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mike Heath,

Welcome to the Community!

How can we help? We would be more than happy to help here or via PM.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?