Question

Keep my number but change phone/plan

• 11 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, my contract ran out ages ago and I’ve only just got round to looking at upgrading. I’ve been looking on USWITCH and there are some amazing deals on there, I want to take out one of the contract deals. 

my question is how can I keep the number I have now if I take out a new contract on the same network (iD) but a different phone/plan that isn’t brought directly through iD. Does anyone know please? Thank you :)

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can’t transfer a number from one iD plan to another iD plan @Bob1234.

1. You’d need to get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep.
  2. Give the PAC from 1) to another service provider (e.g. get a giffgaff PAYG SIM).
  3. Once the number you want to keep is working with the new service provider in 2), ask them for a PAC to transfer the number back to iD Mobile account you want to keep going forward. 

Good luck @Bob1234

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Just be aware @Bob1234 that you will need to setup a new online account and you will need to use a different email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bob1234 

You wouldn’t be able to transfer your number between iD Mobile plans, to keep a number with an existing plan you may need to perform an upgrade.

Alternatively if you would like to purchase a new customer plan via USwitch instead, @andewhite’s instructions may work for you.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Thank you everyone! @WelshPaul @andewhite @Tom 

Why iD Mobile?