Solved

Keeping old number

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone I'm just looking for some help please. I've tried to swap my old number onto my new SIM and phone so I've requested the PAC code and it says it's gone through. But when I make phone calls it comes through with my old number but when I send a text message it comes through to people with the new number. Any ideas of what I can do?

icon

Best answer by Digg3r 9 April 2023, 11:24

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

It takes a good 24 hrs to transfer over, if it's weekend/bank holiday then it will be done by Wednesday. I have just done mine on Wednesday morning and it was transferred by Thursday afternoon 

Userlevel 1

Mines been transferred for around 2 weeks but only the messages don't come through as the number I want to keep.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Userlevel 2
Badge

AHH mine did this and it was a setting within the messages. I did this.....  Open the Messages app . Tap your Profile iconand thenMessages settingsand then Advanced. Select Phone number, then edit the number to the correct phone number associated with your SIM card. Tap OK. After doing that restart the phone and it should be working correctly 🤞 Also check message settings > chat features  the number on there may be incorrect and need editing. 

Userlevel 1

Ahh brilliant thanks everyone! It's been driving me mad but that seems to have done the trick 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Glad to hear it’s working @Hannah Silverwood 

Userlevel 1

Hi There, where do you find the “Profile icon? and thenMessages settingsand then Advanced. Select Phone number”  Is it in the iD Mobile App or on your IPhone under Settings? Thanks. Michael

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi There, where do you find the “Profile icon? and thenMessages settingsand then Advanced. Select Phone number”  Is it in the iD Mobile App or on your IPhone under Settings? Thanks. Michael

It should be in the Settings app on the iPhone @Michael Valente

These posts in this topic are about an Android device, so the setting location description isn’t appropriate for an iPhone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Valente,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you need any help with this and we would be happy to assist.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Kash

Many thanks for your message.

I just arrived home and I see that my iD SIM card has arrived in the post.

I will be in touch and take up your kind offer should I have any questions.

Kind regards

Michale

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash

Just to say that my old number was ported over this afternoon and I’ve now set-up the new PIN, voicemail and tried out the WI FI calling.  It’s all working well and I’m impressed with how smoothly itall went.

The next big test will be to see if I can make & receive calls when I travel to  Abu Dhabi and New Zealand!

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Michael Valente,

Glad to hear that everything is up and running.

You can view the call charges in Abu Dhabi and New Zealand at the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/international-and-roaming-charges

Kash

Does anyone know if I can keep my number I am changing from sim only deal with ID to a contract phone also with ID. Have been told I can’t keep my existing number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Olivia Quinney 

If you upgrade from your current plan to a SIM only plan, yes, you’ll keep the same number.

However if you’re purchasing a completely new plan with a new number, that won’t be in any way related to your existing account, we cannot transfer numbers from an existing iD Mobile number to another iD Mobile account.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?