Question

M old number with its PAC is not transferring to new ID mobile sim

Hi, I need to move my old EE number to my new ID mobile sim card. I did the PAC code online giving both numbers and a transaction ID but it will not transfer over. If I don't get this sorted tomorrow, I'm staying with EE.

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

When did you submit the port request? Porting won’t happen on a weekend!

Hi, I did it thur eve. I since called EE and they were able to tell me it'll happen on 27th. Apparently this is normal and not what I was told, "a technical issue that has been escalted". Thanks Andy

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Port requests mad on a Thursday evening are completed on a Monday. This is normal and not the result of any technical issues. 

Hi how did you manage to sort this out I’m having the exact same issue, keeps saying that my information is wrong when it definitely isn’t. 

Hi, In the end I went back to EE my old provider and a kind lady could see on the system that my number would port over on 27th Mar which was actually 2 Business days (5 weekdays cos of a weekend). So answer is, after initially doing the PAC code online the first time, I think cos its in flight it cannot take the same PAC code again and you need to wait..... I hope!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

If you submit your PAC or STAC before 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday, you’ll switch on the next working day between 8 am and 10 pm. If you submit your PAC after 5:30 pm or at any time over the weekend, you’ll switch within two working days. Once you use a PAC or STAC, you cannot use it again.

Okay, so I probably did it after 1730 on thur. Nobody told me anything about two working days so I gave til late Friday then Sat morning and still nobody told me. Instead acwild goose chase of reboot phone, remove/insert sim card, reboot. Change settings in my messages app. Sent a guide for putting a sim in my Samsung phone and being told there was a technical issue for everyone that was being looked and escalated. I gave up. Called EE cos you can actually speak to a person, and they confirmed I had to wait until Monday. Not the best customer service I'm afraid, especially when on the chat I was told that there's no lines you phone to actually talk to someone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The information is available on the porting section of iD Mobiles website (it applies to all networks).

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/customerPortIn

Click on the ‘How long will it take to switch?’ link.

iD Mobile are pretty poor when it comes to keeping their customers updated with orders and number porting requests.

Thanks. I justvwent by carphonexwarehouse word of mouth. I'm happy to wait till tomorrow but hope it works and I don't have to follow it up again. Cheers 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi how did you manage to sort this out I’m having the exact same issue, keeps saying that my information is wrong when it definitely isn’t. 

The transaction number, needed to submit your PAC to iD Mobile, must start with “4” @Jack Cornwell

If you’re using the correct transaction number, and you PAC submission still fails, I’d suggest contacting the iD Mobile social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM). 

The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends), and ask this team for assistance with your PAC submission.

There’s also the online iD live chat service for help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Jack Cornwell 

Check your Welcome to iD email 

This should detail the transaction number you need (the one that begins with 4) in order to submit the port request.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?