Question

Moved to ID SIM but changed number via PAC code. Now can't receive verification texts.

• Hello. I see various other topics on this, but nothing really fixes it. Here my situation and I’ll try to make it as simple as possible.

- New Contract and Sim card with ID Mobile. I was given a new number.
    - New phone is google pixel 7 pro. Old phone was a samsung s20+ (so sad it broke, great phone!)
    - I did NOT register with ID whilst I had this new ID number. I changed to my old number via PAC as quickly as possible. It seemed to change OK…..
    - Today I’m not receiving any text verification messages to my old number (which is now my main number in the phone). 
    - I have however been able to receive and send texts to friends and family using my old number.
    - I tried to ‘register’ for my ID account with my OLD lebara number but it would not let me at a;;/ 
    - I tried it with the new (now redundant) ID number and it lets me …..but tries to send me a text verification code, which of course I don’t receive as I'm now on my old number

So basically, I am stuck. I have so so many things I need to sort out, and everything now requires SMS text authentication and I’m not getting them. I also can’t find a live chat option. Can someone help me please?

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Assuming the port to iD went okay, it often takes 24-48 hours for SMS services to ‘settle’ down as many  automated/bulk SMS systems (used for generating verification codes et cetera) need to discover the network routing has changed, for the mobile number you wanted to keep.

🍀 

Thanks for tip. I’ll leave it a few more days and come back if I don’t get it fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Huw 2208,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that your issue is resolved but if you still require assistance, please feel free to drop us a reply here and we will help you out.

Kash

I have exactly this issue (I ported on Friday)  It seems to be bank verification codes that aren’t getting to me (ones from idmobile have).  The verification codes do get to me when I get onto the 3 network but that doesn’t help as I have no coverage at home.  Did this settle down after a few days?  It is a big problem for me if it didn’t

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried using the iD Mobile WiFi Calling service at home @adamndenton?

I rely on WiFi Calling at home, because there’s no coverage at home. I get calls and texts via WiFi Calling.

I am using WiFi calling and I receive texts from friends but not verification codes from banks.  They are being sent (I get them on the 3 network) but I have no coverage at home so rely on WiFi calling.  

I am assuming the wifi calling service is simply setting your phone to Wifi calling enabled and not an app or anything

A

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I get text messages when I’m using WiFi Calling, including OTP messages from banks etcetera.

Have you just ported your number to iD from another network?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am using WiFi calling and I receive texts from friends but not verification codes from banks.  They are being sent (I get them on the 3 network) but I have no coverage at home so rely on WiFi calling.  

I am assuming the wifi calling service is simply setting your phone to Wifi calling enabled and not an app or anything

A

Hey @adamndenton,

If you just ported, it sometimes takes a few hours for things to get up to speed. I have seen some people even mention the OTP issue fixes itself.

what date did you switch over on?

Mohammed

I’m having g this same issue and my number ported over Wednesday did anyone manage to get this resolved? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m having g this same issue and my number ported over Wednesday did anyone manage to get this resolved? 

Assuming your port to iD went okay @Kirsten Hutchinson, it can sometimes take 24-48 hours for SMS services to ‘settle’ down after a switch.

Many automated/bulk SMS systems (used for generating bank verification codes etcetera) work differently from to mobile to mobile SMS services, and need to discover the network routing has changed, for the mobile number you wanted to keep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kirsten Hutchinson 

It may take some time as @andewhite suggests, how are you getting on?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?