Solved

Multiple Texts - after advice

• 7 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - if I am messaging anyone not with an iPhone, my iPhone 13 is sending 3 messages at a time yet telling me they have not sent. 
I have followed all the advice regarding switching off iMessages/FaceTime and sorting the numbers. I did have another number attached to it and that’s now been fixed. I’ve reset it a number of times, tried sending messages with iMessages on and off and it’s still happening. 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 7 November 2021, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @hannahF88,

Maybe have a look in your iCloud Settings and at your Apple account to see what devices and numbers are being used by your Apple account. I suggest removing any old devices and numbers you’re not using anymore.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

No. Unfortunately not. I’ve removed all devices and deleted old accounts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay thanks @hannahF88 - @Judith Evans had the same problem, which was fixed as follows:

1)    Turn OFF iMessage (Settings > Messages).
2)    Turn your phone OFF for at least 10 minutes.
3)    Turn your phone ON and tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number.
5)    Turn iMessage back to ON (Settings > Messages).
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Working now - it ended up having an old number stored in the ‘my number’ again and I’ve managed to remove it and change the number. Thanks! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

That’s great @hannahF88 - so, you’re sending text messages to Andriod devices, and iMessages to iPhone devices successfully?
No duplicates at the receiving device, and you’re not being told your send failed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Superb stuff @hannahF88!

Cheers @andewhite for providing some solid advice! Loving the bold applied to “10 minutes” too, often a suggestion that gets mocked, but by golly is it effective most of the time!

Will

Why iD Mobile?