Question

My Sim has not been delivered

• 3 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I ordered my SIM card on 29th of March and have had no notification that it has even been dispatched. I have checked my emails from ID Mobile, DPD and Currys. I would have expected some communication by now that it's at least been dispatched. 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD SIM cards are normally sent via Royal Mail 1st class post. 

iD advise it takes 3-5 working days from the date your SIM card is dispatched, which is usually shown in their ORDER COMPLETE email message.

If you ordered on 29-Mar-2023 and your order wasn’t dispatched until 30-Mar-2023, your SIM might arrive later this week or next weekend.
🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @leegns85,

Welcome the Community!

As @andewhite has advised, SIM cards do take 5 working days for delivery.

If you don’t have the SIM in the post by the end of the day tomorrow, please let us know here.

Kash

@Kash @andewhite

Thank you for the update. It’s been a week since I ordered the sim, I know you have advised that I should get it today, but sending first class should be a lot quicker, first class often means next business day. I’m also frustrated that there has been no dispatch notice or ability to track my order and yet from next week you’ll be taking the payment out of my account, even though there is a chance I won’t have the SIM card. There’s a 2 week cooling off period from ordering the SIM, does this count from when I ordered it one week ago or from when I first activate the SIM? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile send their SIM cards already activated @leegns85.
You start paying for your iD plan, used with the SIM card, the day iD dispatch your order.

🍀

Cool, I’m paying for something that I have no evidence of being dispatched. I think if I haven’t got this SIM by tomorrow, then I will be cancelling the contract. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah, it’s an interesting business model @leegns85

To cancel in the cooling-off period you might need a returns number - anyway more in the following article:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @leegns85 

The SIM cards are activated upon dispatch so that once you receive it it’s active and ready to go.

Please let us know if you don’t have it so we can get in contact and assist.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?