Question

New Sim Card Won't Work

• 6 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I got my sim and phone delivered today for a Samsung galaxy s23. I have not been with ID mobile before so no need to activate it. 

My phone is not registering the sim. The instructions say that the sim has to have the gold metal plate facing up. However, it does not fit in that way, and slides facing up. I can put it into the sim card holder properly with the gold metal plate facing down, however, it days that this would mean it would be put in incorrectly. 

I'm wondering if I need a new sim, or if the sim is broken, or if the wrong sim card has been delivered.

I know I am using the correct sim type (nano) as that's what the phone is made for.

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A nano SIM card should only be able to fit into the handset one-way, @BethNeicho

If the SIM card is inserted correctly, but doesn’t work, then it a faulty SIM, or a faulty phone. 

Can you try another SIM in the new phone, or try the new SIM in another phone? 

A nano SIM card should only be able to fit into the handset one-way, @BethNeicho

If the SIM card is inserted correctly, but doesn’t work, then it a faulty SIM, or a faulty phone. 

Can you try another SIM in the new phone, or try the new SIM in another phone? 

HI, I have tried the new sim in my old phone and it does not work 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like the iD SIM card you’ve received is faulty, or hasn’t been activated for some reason, @BethNeicho.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @BethNeicho,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you need a new SIM as @andewhite suggested.

If you would like you can collect one from a Curry’s store or get back to us here to send one out.

Once you have the new SIM it will need to be activated.

Kash

Hi if possible, can I please have a new sim

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @BethNeicho 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?