Question

New sim - old number

• 22 December 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello - I have moved over to ID mobile and when I moved over, I provided a PAC code so I can keep my old number from EE. 

I wanted this change to happen on the 20th. 

however it is now moved over to the new sim number when I wanted it to stay on my old one. 

any ideas as I really wanted to keep the old one? 

thanks 

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your EE SIM card still working @Becky Ridley?

What kind of EE SIM did you have - an eSIM or a physical SIM card?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It was a physical SIM card and no it’s not working anymore - that stopped on the 20th

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you registered for an iD online account? 

If yes, then once the number you want to keep has switched to iD, it will be shown in your iD online account, @Becky Ridley

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s the odd thing… it is showing my old number? So it’s correct on there! It’s just my phone that’s not liking it? 

it basically started counting down when my number was going to be removed from the device?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Are you using an iPhone @Becky Ridley

If yes, these messages could be referring to the Apple operated iMessage and FaceTime services. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I am using an iPhone!

ahh ok - any idea on how to change it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apple will have linked your iPhone device, by its device ID, to a mobile phone number, for their iMessage and FaceTime services.

• If you turn off iMessage (from Settings > Messages > iMessage) and send a text, does the recipient see the number you want to keep?
  • If you call someone, do they see the number you want keep?

In this situation, it might best to contact Apple about this message on your iPhone.

You can contact Apple for assistance online at https://getsupport.apple.com/, or try 0800 107 6285.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much I’ll do that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Becky Ridley 

Are you still having issues with this? I’d recommend the below;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?