Question

no 5g and 1 bar signal

• 19 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi i have no 5g yet again no phone signal either iv had a month or so of this happening iv missed some realy important calls will i be compensated on my bill for lack of service?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Look up your postcode on id’s NETWORK COVERAGE page; raise your query via their CHAT page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chriswaite 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) you’ve been having issues in?

How long have you had issues here?

Have you tried switching from 5G to 4G/LTE in the device settings?

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi im in b330xp an iv had this issue for around 2months now im waiting for customer service to ring me if i get singal an yes my setting are for 5g an 4g lte

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi im in b330xp an iv had this issue for around 2months now im waiting for customer service to ring me if i get singal an yes my setting are for 5g an 4g lte

Maybe iD Mobile can advise on the duration of the disruption at your location, @Chriswaite - especially if it has been ongoing for a couple of months. 
🤞 

Userlevel 4

@Chriswaite The availability of service is just a guide on the IDMobile / Three Coverage checker.

Question is your device a Samsung brand by any chance? 

Similar thing was happening to me I got a Three sim card to test the service at my billing address.  I normally get maximum Signal strength  4&5G was OK sometime on EE. When I had my Three sim card in my device I had maybe 1 bar or no signal on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra both device gave no signal sometime 1 bar.

I wanted to leave EE anyway and took up an excellent offer, phone unlimited data with ID Mobile. Here the kick in the teeth for me my new phone and sim from ID mobile gives me maximum signal reading and I can make and receive calls data very good most of the time. I then put my ID sim into both Samsung devices and I had no signal someting 1 bar if I were luck enough, put the ID mobile sim card back into my new phone still maximum signal.

There were no networks maintenance going on or faults reported on the day's I did my test. 

I Google Samsung devices having bad reception and signal and there are many report for user on all different network having réception issues.  By all accounts Samsung are aware of this issue but still not addressed it to date as far as I know. 

This may well not be the same as your problem but if possible get someone you know that uses Three or ID Mobile and get them to try your sim card in their devices and their's in yours at the location that you have problems with.

PS; Both Samsung devices were well locked after never dropped or missed used and still look brand new. 

Just my ten cents. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@JoeKing, would you mind sharing the handset make and model you’re now using with your iD SIM card? 

Why iD Mobile?