Question

No Service After Port-in

• 23 November 2023
  • 14 replies

HI Folks, 

I have just joined ID from EE and so requested my PAC code from EE to transfer my number. 

The problem I am having is that it would appear that my number on my phone has been updated but my screen shows “NO SIM / NO SERVICE” and it would appear that I have indeed lost the network as I cannot get any phone or text service and I have lost mobile data.

The Pac request was placed Saturday with transfer on Tuesday and as I stated earlier it would aooear to have gone through as my old EE phone has gone off.

I have tried the usual switch off/on, reseated and wiped the sim but still no luck, I even went into Currys and they just said it might take a while, but it has been 32 hours now and its getting ridiculous.

I have tried loggin on to ID mobile but when I tried to register they wanted to send me a code through to my phone which I cannot get messages on.

Any help or ideas would be most welcome . 

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

New iD connections should get an activated, ready to go, iD SIM card @kacrat.

Sounds like you’ve got a faulty SIM card, or perhaps iD have blocked / disabled your network account. 

It could be faster to get a replacement iD SIM card by visiting your closest Currys store @kacrat. Otherwise, contact iD support using one of their primary support channels:

• Live Chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat (via a popup window in a browser).
  • Sending a private message by using Facebook Messenger.
  • Sending a DM on X (formerly Twitter).

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @kacrat sorry to hear this. Are you able to collect a replacement SIM in store, or would you like for us to send one out?

If you could send me out a replacement sim that would be great.

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kacrat 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

As I was passing my local Curry's Store yesterday I took the opportunity to talk to a member of staff about my problem and after a little bit of checking the basics, I have a new Sim. After going through a few setup with the new sim I could then make calls and receive text.

All was going well until I went to work that evening and found away from my home WiFi I have now lost phone, text and mobile data again.

I have just checked my emails (via Work PC) and seen the sim activation code, so I assume that if I login to ID mobile and enter the activation code the sim should connect. Do you think that this would solve my issues?

OK entered the sim activation code and it come up as already registered. 

Can phone while at home via home WiFi network. Still no mobile data or phone or text. 

Any ideas as I am getting fed up with this

Ok problem seems to have sorted itself after 3rd reboot of phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @kacrat 

Glad to hear the third reboot helped.

Tom

I seem to have this very same issue. My number is porting today (13/2/24) and I was disconnected from my old provider since 930am. The new iD mobile sim has said NO SIM in 3 different handsets. If i ring my number I get the option to leave a voicemail (not my old voicemail message) so I assume that the number has ported across. LIVE Chat say they cant help until after 6pm which is conveniently when they close for the day! 

Before I get the usual check this and that etc.. I have turned the phone to airplane mode - that didn't work. Done 3 reboots and that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas or have i got a dodgy sim that needs to be replaced?

HELP! I need my phone for work as a hotspot!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I seem to have this very same issue. My number is porting today (13/2/24) and I was disconnected from my old provider since 930am. The new iD mobile sim has said NO SIM in 3 different handsets. If i ring my number I get the option to leave a voicemail (not my old voicemail message) so I assume that the number has ported across. LIVE Chat say they cant help until after 6pm which is conveniently when they close for the day! 

Before I get the usual check this and that etc.. I have turned the phone to airplane mode - that didn't work. Done 3 reboots and that hasn't worked either.

Any ideas or have i got a dodgy sim that needs to be replaced?

HELP! I need my phone for work as a hotspot!

Live chat advisors work until 8pm on weekdays, @Jo beckford

Given your new iD SIM doesn’t work in multiple handsets, you might need a replacement. That said, it’s also possible you’re being affected by recent network issues on 9th, 10th and 12th Feb, which appear to have spilled-over to the 13th Feb - judging by posts on X by Three UK. 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Jo beckford, we’re very sorry to hear this. I have just replied to your previous post in Community regarding this, and your possible faulty SIM card.

Ports do complete between 8am-10pm on the scheduled date, so I’m hoping that’s it’s completely now for you and that all is working okay. 

If not, please give your phone a quick restart and see if that kicks it into gear, or try taking the SIM card out, and then re-entering it. 

If not working after that, then of course, as mentioned on the previous post, you could collect a free replacement SIM card to try and see if that resolves the issue, or get in touch with us directly to investigate that further for yourself, and we’d be more than happy to do so.

Also, as @andewhite has kindly mentioned, there was an outage with Three which began last Friday, which has seen many customers signal affected, so it may also have had an effect on yourself, if your port had already completed during that time-frame, but the outage is thankfully beginning to clear up now.

Kind regards,

Tyler

New to ID Mobile….this is what’s happening to me.

Inserted new IDM SIM into my existing iPhone 12PM yesterday, 8th April 2024…….worked with supplied phone number. A few hours later I received a SMS saying my number had been transferred and since then the phone doesn’t recognise the SIM. I’ve re-booted multiple times, taken the SIM out to ensure it was located correctly, cleaned it…..all the above tips. 

Can’t do anything with the App as that’s inaccessible for the publicised reasons. 

I have important phone calls I’m expecting today and cannot take calls or make them.

Please can someone help? I’m likely to cancel this contract based on the initial stressful experience unless this is sorted asap. @SupportTech @Tom @andewhite @Tyler Many thanks

New to ID Mobile….this is what’s happening to me.

Inserted new IDM SIM into my existing iPhone 12PM yesterday, 8th April 2024…….worked with supplied phone number. A few hours later I received a SMS saying my number had been transferred and since then the phone doesn’t recognise the SIM. I’ve re-booted multiple times, taken the SIM out to ensure it was located correctly, cleaned it…..all the above tips. 

Can’t do anything with the App as that’s inaccessible for the publicised reasons. 

I have important phone calls I’m expecting today and cannot take calls or make them.

Please can someone help? I’m likely to cancel this contract based on the initial stressful experience unless this is sorted asap. @SupportTech @Tom @andewhite @Tyler Many thanks

I’m now on chat to an agent, hopeless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @IPJames 

Sorry to hear this, have you tried resetting the network settings?

Have you tried a replacement SIM card?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?