Question

no service and microphone not working

• 24 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I bought my daughter a new iPhone 14 for Christmas  we didn’t get a new sim with it she used her old sim when the new contract has come into place she has no service  and her microphone had been faulty so she can’t call anyone 

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

You need to take it up with retailer bought from. Was it an unlocked phone?

Userlevel 1
Badge

You need to take it up with retailer bought from. Was it an unlocked phone?

It has nothing to do with her phone, me and several other users are having the same problem this week, this site is full of it and so is twitter.

Why you telling her to take her phone back when it's clearly a network issue? I've not been able to receive calls all week, the person can never hear me, and calling numbers does nothing either, and data works when it wants, which is pretty much never.

Userlevel 1

I got  it from ID

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi I bought my daughter a new iPhone 14 for Christmas  we didn’t get a new sim with it she used her old sim when the new contract has come into place she has no service  and her microphone had been faulty so she can’t call anyone 

Surely this new iPhone has an Apple warranty, along with access to Apple UK telephone support, @Claire Norris?

Have you contacted Apple about any hardware problems with your handset? 

Userlevel 1

Yes but the service is with ID

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’d like iD Mobile to fix your iPhone, just take it to any Currys store and discuss your repair options, @Claire Norris.

It’s likely Currys would just send your iPhone to Apple anyway. 

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Claire Norris 

I’d recommend the same as @andewhite above, to have the device sent off for repair we’d recommend taking it to your local Currys store or visiting Apple directly.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Csteele88 

I believe you’re talking about a completely different issue, one about your own coverage.

We have responded to another post you’ve made about this, please continue there.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?