Question

None to poor coverage

• 20 August 2023
  • 10 replies

New to ID mobile. I am having big problems with network coverage . It seemed ok when i first had the phone but now it is at the best very poor and at the worst none existent. Been on the network checker page and it says my signal should be fine. 

Do you think it could be the phone i have a Pixel 7a. The phone does work when i get a 5G signal 

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Check the network coverage page for your post code.

Check the network coverage page for your post code.

Have done it says Very Good Service 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is a theoretical prediction of the service you might be able to receive at your location @RonB

Have you checked the network status for your location @RonB
The network status shows if there are any services issues at your location. 

Check online at https://www.three.co.uk/support/network_and_coverage/network_support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RonB 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues so we can take a look?

Tom

Hi @RonB 

Please could you let us know the postcode(s) where you’re having issues so we can take a look?

Tom

Hi Tom CV100TD 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @RonB, online theoretical coverage checker for this postcode shows several areas where the forecast shows outdoor only coverage.

Your location might be an area where actual coverage is worse than the online theoretical coverage forecast.

You can also look at actual coverage / signal strength online at https://mastdata.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @RonB,

I can’t see any issues in the area.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset?

Let us know how you get on.

Kash

Hi @RonB,

I can’t see any issues in the area.

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset?

Let us know how you get on.

Kash

Hi Kash

I used Mastdata and it had an average signal outdoors “Amber” but no signal at all inside “red”. Not tried the sim in another phone yet. will try and do this at the weekend. Strange thing is this did work when we first joined ID but not now. My Partner is on vodaphone and there signal is fine. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You could try the iD WiFi Calling service, if you’ve got a home Wi-Fi network - your Pixel 7a is supported by iD for WiFi Calling @RonB.

Otherwise, you might have to consider using a service provider that uses the Vodafone network, to get a good indoor signal at your location @RonB

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @RonB 

Please let us know how the SIM gets on in another device, we wouldn’t expect signal to change typically.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?