Solved

Not receiving incoming text or calls

• 27 September 2023
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi 

Swapped to iD mobile bringing my old number from giffgaff. (also new phone iPhone 12 to 15)

Message received 11 am Monday 25th saying all swapped over.

Since then I can call and text out ok

But can’t receive calls or texts (plus won't connect my original number back to iMessage or FaceTime)

I have turned off and on, reset network, turned off/on iMessage and FaceTime! Done full back up and re downloaded whole phone! Reboots and still not working

Anyone that can see information on the Port process and any issues from that side of things…

Only other answer I see is wait 72 hours and it may sort itself.

Its been ridiculous because I’ve missed doctors phone calls and can’t set anything up as everything needs to send a code to your mobile (which obviously isn’t receiving)

Old/ interim number that came with the sim no longer works 

Basically just need to see if the Port has been completed properly but who or how can I get this looked at??

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by preedygood 12 October 2023, 14:55

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you can’t receive calls and text messages (by SMS), it sounds like something’s gone wrong with your switching request @preedygood.

Posting in this forum will be the slowest way of talking to iD staff.
For timely assistance with your iD account and network connection perhaps try one of the following:-

• iD Live Chat
  • Facebook Messenger
  • X (Twitter) DM

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

I’m having this issue too, I swapped over to ID in June and everything worked fine. Put the aim in my new iPhone 15 and iMessage and FaceTime won’t activate. I am receiving cellular calls and texts but extremely frustrating 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @preedygood & @ahfraz 

I’d recommend trying the following;

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:"

If you are having issues with step 4 please reset network settings and try again.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi, so update…. have tried all reset options as mentioned above plus other. network reset, phone reset, sim in different phone. Have now had 3 different sim and reactivated. Tech telling me through CS that all ok but clearly isn’t! This is a full week now since original port…. I can not access anything whatsapp, banking, FB as all need text verification. 

How to I get this prioritised…??? This isn’t acceptable I need my phone to talk to my children.

Someone please help 

Is there a tech support number I can ring instead, silly doing chinese whispers through CS

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately iD don’t have a telephone support helpline option @preedygood

Your original post said you couldn’t receive any calls, nor text messages.
If so, sounds like your port wasn’t completed properly, or there’s a problem with your iD network account.

If getting assistance using Live Chat, Facebook Messenger, or X (Twitter) DM isn’t working, perhaps consider transferring your number to another service provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @preedygood,

We hope that you managed to get some help from the information that @andewhite provided.

If you still require assistance, please get back to us here and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

So just an update……

Finally sorted after 3 weeks and phone working ok.

If you have similar issue state that the number port was split… this got it escalated from ID mobile tech team (who just kept saying everything looked ok) to Threes’s tech team who still took a week to resolve but got there in the end :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @preedygood,

Welcome to the Community!

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

I sent my PAC code to ID before setting up a profile on the app.

Since putting my new ID sim in my phone I can’t receive calls or texts but I can send them.

I haven’t even received a welcome message from ID mobile.

I also can’t set up the app using the phone number sent to me via email 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Harri6402,

Welcome to the Community!

I can see that we responded to your other post.

If you require further assistance, please get back to us there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?