Question

Not receiving OTP after porting number to ID

Userlevel 1

Alright so, my old number was ported over to ID. Everything works fine, i can make and receive texts and calls perfectly fine. However, when trying to sign into PayPal, I needed to complete two-factor authentication, through the use of an OTP. I didnt recieve the OTP so i kept trying yet kept failing to recieve the text. I tried with other apps too, showing me it wasnt PayPal that was in fact playing up. I've searched the forums and seen that I may just need to wait up to 48 hours for everything to be sorted (which it has now been). Ive tried other methods such as turning off Chat Features on samsung messages and RCS but all have failed. Ive also tried taking the sim in and out, turning my phone on and off but all to my dismay it doesnt work. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have your waited 48-hours since transferring your number from old provider to iD?

Was your old provider Vodafone, or someone using the Vodafone network?

Userlevel 1

Have your waited 48-hours since transferring your number from old provider to iD?

Was your old provider Vodafone, or someone using the Vodafone network?

My old network was ee, and as of typing this it has been around 57 hours

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I know it’s frustrating, but you might be overthinking this. 
There are lots reasons why an OTP might not be received especially given an OTP message is generated on a computer system and has be transferred to a mobile network through a aggregator’s SMS gateway.

At least RCS messaging is working for you - this is often problematic for those new customers when transferring their number to iD.

Hope things sort themselves out soon.
🤞

Userlevel 1

I know it’s frustrating, but you might be overthinking this. 
There are lots reasons why an OTP might not be received especially given an OTP message is generated on a computer system and has be transferred to a mobile network through a aggregator’s SMS gateway.

At least RCS messaging is working for you - this is often problematic for those new customers when transferring their number to iD.

Hope things sort themselves out soon.
🤞

At first I thought it was just PayPal but when trying to get other OTPs from amazon and Google, it just didn't deliver them. Its beginning to get slightly frustrating to be honest 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, SMS message standards don’t guarantee delivery.

I think companies that use an SMS gateway service, rely upon their service provider and the mobile networks to get message routing sorted out, which sometimes takes longer than expected after changing your mobile service provider @Adamlock.

I assume people texting you from their mobile phones don’t have a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Adamlock,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you require further assistance with the OTP messages and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adamlock,

Please let us know if you require further assistance with the OTP messages and we can PM you.

Kash

Yes I still require assistance 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Adamlock,

Kash

Hi again. Could you please PM me to further help with me not recieving OTPs

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Adamlock 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi @Adamlock,

Kash

I require further assistance with the OTP messages, can you help?

Userlevel 1

I e had the same issue on going for months and they have done nothing. They will fob you off but seem incapable of properly porting a number.  If able I would cancel the contract before you are outside the cooling off period as you will be saddled with paying for a deficient service otherwise.  I bitterly regret that I let them fob me off until it was too late

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @liviu.andrei 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shadermarine 

I believe we’ve already sent you a private message to take a look in to this.

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?