Solved

Not receiving OTP SMS after number transfer

After switching to ID and transferring my phone number I no longer receive OTP messages.

icon

Best answer by Kash 22 January 2023, 13:15

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @blues_driven,

Just checking is this from one specific company or all companies?

If it’s just one company, see if the company can re-set this up.

If this is all, let us know as it may be an issue with the port we can get raised to fix.

Mohammed

Hi,

It’s all companies, I’ve tried three different logins/signups. I’m receiving messages from ID and other people but can’t get any OTP codes.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@blues_driven,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

After switching to ID and transferring my phone number I no longer receive OTP messages.

Did this get resolved? I have the same problem and as wide spread as this seems to be with lots of others having the same issue I’d mobile don’t seem to be able to help. Palmed me off to JustAnswer which I paid for but they also don’t seem to be able to help

Not receiving OTP SMS after number transfer

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chris Quintin,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you having issues with other numbers or just OTP?

Is it specific companies or all of them?

It can sometimes take a while for them to come through but if you could confirm the above we will get back to you.

Kash

OTPs are not coming through to my phone and also not receiving messages from HMRC

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chris Quintin 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I am having this same issue since porting from ee. I have received a replacement sim and this hasnt solved my issue. Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Hk47 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Despite having lodged four complaints with ID Mobile, I am still encountering issues with receiving OTPs after the recent number transfer. This persistent problem is causing significant inconvenience, and I urgently seek your assistance in resolving this matter.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Despite having lodged four complaints with ID Mobile, I am still encountering issues with receiving OTPs after the recent number transfer. This persistent problem is causing significant inconvenience, and I urgently seek your assistance in resolving this matter.

Nothing happens urgently in the iD community, @Oscar Viegas. 
Better to use the online iD Live Chat service, or contact iD privately using their social media channels. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Oscar Viegas,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with OTP’s.

I can see that @andewhite suggested getting in touch with our Live Chat or Social Media Team, did you manage to contact somebody?

If you still need help please let us know.

Kash

I have had an issue with this since switching on the 16th of October.

ID mobile repeatedly blame the sender and deny any issue, even when given multiple examples.

The forums here are full of reports of the same and ID do not seem capable of fixing it.

Escalate through complaints and then ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CarloLandrisian,

Have you been in touch with the team already regarding this?

If you require us look into this, please let us know.

Kash

@Kash 

Please do look into it for me.

It has been reported since November 1st via online chat, forum private messages and complaints with no success so far.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CarloLandrisian,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?