Solved

Not Receiving Some SMS Messages

Userlevel 1

I am not receiving one time password SMS messages from my Polish bank. I have contacted them and their records show the message was sent and received by my phone operator but not forwarded on to me.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 5 April 2024, 11:02

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Alan Buckley, the iD Mobile online Live Chat team should be able to help with this.

Contact an adviser at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - after connecting, type “talk to a person” in the chat box to get through to a customer adviser.

Their advisers work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your advice. I need my four digit ID customer service PIN which can be found on the app or online but Sod’s Law they’re both down at the moment for maintenance! 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you for your advice. I need my four digit ID customer service PIN which can be found on the app or online but Sod’s Law they’re both down at the moment for maintenance! 

Your iD welcome email or another of the initial email messages from iD Mobile should’ve your customer support PIN - otherwise try contacting support through the iD Mobile social media pages, using Facebook Messenger or X (formerly Twitter).

Userlevel 1

Excellent advice thank you! I found my introductory email and PIN and managed to chat with a fellow human being who will hopefully unblock international SMS messages within 48 hours.  Thanks again for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alan Buckley 

Have you managed to get this resolved? Please let us know if you still need any assistance.

Thanks for the help here, @andewhite.

Tom

Userlevel 1

No, I’m still not receiving SMS OTP messages. I had a message from IDMobile yesterday to say it had been actioned but when I phoned them they suggested I wait 48 hours for it to be fully implemented. Fingers crossed! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alan Buckley 

How are you getting on after that 48 hours?

If you’re already in contact with a team, we’d recommend keeping contact there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Still no joy so I contacted IDmobile again yesterday and was asked to wait for another 48 hours while they look into it again.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Alan Buckley,

Have you been back in touch with the team today?

If you still don’t have an update we can send you a PM here to help.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I asked IDmobile 4 days ago to resolve the problem I’m having receiving SMS messages but it’s still not working and I haven’t had any update from IDmobile.  Very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Alan Buckley 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?