Question

"not registered on network" error

• 6 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I cannot make a call outside. I have 3-4 bars signal. As soon as I dial a number, the call is ended and I get “not registered on network”

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried turning OFF your handset, and removing the iD SIM card to check it’s clean and not damaged, @Darryl Hutchinson

If the SIM is okay, pop your SIM back in your handset, and turn it ON. 

🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks I have tried this. I have just upgraded to another phone provided by ID. I copied contacts and pictures etc from the old phone to the new phone, wirelessly, and this was a complete success. However, after the upgrade I could not make a call (emergency calls only and “not registered on network” error).

I moved the sim card back to the old phone …...and exactly the same problem on the old phone!.

I have tried to manually register the phone via the mobile networks menu and can see ID as an operator, but after a while I get “unable to register phone. Try again later” (this, despite having 4 bars signal).

I have also updated the Android software (for Samsung A05s), restarted and restarted, to no avail.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like iD Mobile might’ve deactivated your iD SIM card - possibly because you’ve just upgraded your handset. 

Have you used iD online Live Chat to check your iD SIM card is activated, and iD network account is provisioned correctly, @Darryl Hutchinson

The advisors work until 8pm on weekdays - just type “talk to a person” to avoid the 24/7 chat-bot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Darryl Hutchinson,

Welcome to the Community!

If you have any issues with contacting Live Chat or would like us to check this instead, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Thanks for all replies. My son tells me I have spent all day sitting down doing nothing! (he is right, but I have learnt a lot about mobile phones!)

My old phone was an ID one, so is the new. I had thought I could simply switch the sim card from one to another (Galaxy A12 to Galaxy A05s), however once I did this I could not put it back in the old phone! I got no service on either phone afterwards. I contacted ID and was told to go to Currys to get a free sim. I did this, put the sim in the new phone, requested activation on the web site and waited 1 hr for the process. Then all was fine, service reinstated! All good now.

I spent most of the day trying suggested hacks aimed at resolving the “not registered on network” and trying manually putting in APN network settings! Relieved to have all back as was…...but with a new phone now. Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Darryl Hutchinson,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?